Is there anyway to make the 5.0 exhaust trumpet

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
What mods do you have currently on the car? Getting that thing to flow some more air thru it will deff help achieve your goal.i know exactly what sound your looking for.ive heard it on a 5.0 with mac catback,offroad vrs xpipe and mac long tubes.but the more air you get moving thru the motor and out the exhaust,the louder and more pronounced it will be.

I heard about putting more air into the motor, but im just concerned it still wont get that sound. Wish you had a video so i was judge for myself. Currently, im all STOCK H/C/I wise.

One big thing was the exhaust port on the 5.0 heads are TINY while there bigger on the stock 4.6 heads. Now im not sure if that will give me the sound i want.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just an OHC trait?

Yes, thats what im thinking now. I just want a 4v swap now lol. When i had a 4.6L i thought it was something all v8 mustang did. The signature mustang 2500rpm roar i use to call it.
I guess i was wrong.

I know many people will think im a ricer or something. Just wanting a certain motor because of the sound and not the performance. But to be honest i was never into the performance aspect of cars. Just loved the way a v8 mustang sounded since 2005.

thorco3

Reaction score
I'd post up one of my video's but I don't think it has this "trumpet" sound either... it does have this annoying whistle though, haha

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I'll have to post up of vid of mine when I get it back from the tuners... Its a single to a y-pipe to dual pyps mufflers dumped. It makes a whistle noise while accelerating and this strange psssssh noise when I go to shift. Its even more apparent when I open the cutout. ??

I do love the 4.6 sound, My 98 cobra with o/r x and flowmaster 44's sounded so tits.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Please....for the love of God....stop saying trumpet.
:D Ok, i will, but still it would be awesome for my exhaust to
images

cobra head

Reaction score
onxy thats a sick sound i would like to have what is it im going with 1 3/4 long tubes x pipe and mac catback

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
do my Bassani's make the sound your looking for?

Cant tell from a revving clip. You need a driving clip from outside.. inside makes the sound too, but outside its more pronounced. All 4.6's with o/r pipes makes it =]

And C.moser im trying to think what im going to do. Sell the mufflers and run around with a open X for alittle lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online