IS350 brakes for gt?

07GtS197

Reaction score
There is a possibility that they copied the original perfectly, used the same quality metals/tooling/finishing/QC and then just sold them for less. Heck there is even the possibility that they improved the design, used better quality materials and finishing/QC and are building a superior product.
Exactly, you’re reinforcing my point. Could be just as good of a product, you won’t know unless you run it. And look at LMR, they have a cobra brake kit. I’m willing to bet they’re Chinese knockoffs yet many people have ran them over the years.

OP
OP
A

Andyrt45

Reaction score
The quality of Chinese products has improved through the years, however there are still many quality co trolls issues and you can say that it's still hit or miss with these products. I have more faith in Japanese sumitomo junkyard pieces than that of a Chinese rebrand

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Exactly, you’re reinforcing my point. Could be just as good of a product, you won’t know unless you run it. And look at LMR, they have a cobra brake kit. I’m willing to bet they’re Chinese knockoffs yet many people have ran them over the years.
and then there is also the possibility that they are delivered by a unicorn and how cool would that be? Lets be clear I was just looking at what is "possible" but I invite you to tell us a time that this has happened(not the unicorn delivery). If your lucky they took a good mold of a part but then the copy of a copy is never going to be as good as the original. Did you see "Multiplicity"?

07GtS197

Reaction score
and then there is also the possibility that they are delivered by a unicorn and how cool would that be? Lets be clear I was just looking at what is "possible" but I invite you to tell us a time that this has happened(not the unicorn delivery). If your lucky they took a good mold of a part but then the copy of a copy is never going to be as good as the original. Did you see "Multiplicity"?

How about Patriot Heads. They were a copy of ported pi heads. A lot of Pypes products are copies of other companies products, like their headers. I believe they’re a carbon copy of Kooks. What about a lot of aftermarket master cylinders for example. It’s a critical component yet people but aftermarket brands and a lot of them are copies of the original oem part or are from China. Many companies remanufacture many products across the border or across the ocean yet many people buy them. Also in that thread I linked, it’s proported that many of these calipers are not actually remanufactured but new Chinese copies, yet people bought them unknowingly and have ran them.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the cheap Chinese rubber seals etc?

Patriot heads, Pypes, and Kooks are all made in China?

07GtS197

Reaction score
I bet most of the rubber parts (as an example) for oem applications are Chinese as well.

Patriot heads and procomp yes, both made in China yet people still run them. Pypes are copies of other brands products. May not necessarily be from China but I believe their headers are. They are a copy of Kooks headers.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I’ve been running a Chinese master cylinder on my car since 2016, practically daily driven and slowed me down from 150mph+ and numerous hard stops on the drag strip.

It still works.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think we are talking about two different things here at least in my mind. China makes LOTS of good stuff lets not kid ourselves. When they want to make something good, they do but when they want to knock off another brand from my experience they will put some good effort into making it look real or look good, but if you look inside you will see the difference.

I can't find the video I saw once that showed the OEM belt vs an knock off and just in a belt you could see the difference in quality. The boxes looked fairly legit but when you put the actual products next to each other you could see the difference.

Pallgor

Reaction score
Everything is made in China, Taiwan. We deal with them everyday at the shop. OEM are made in Canada or Mexico. It’s all a crap shoot

tinnocker

Reaction score
Several years ago I bought a 340 hp 306 ci from Ford Racing. It had all the paperwork from Ford with it and the accessories needed to install the engine. I needed a starter so ordered their recommendation. It came in a nice Ford Racing box. I opened it up and it was sealed in a plastic bag with Ford Racing all over it. I took it out and it looked great. Found a small sticker on it that said "Made in China". The starter worked great and is still working today. If that starter came from China then it is a safe bet that most of the parts at a Ford Dealership are made in China. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The great US of A has most definitely created an industrial revolution for the world especially China. Thank you currupt politicians!

J_lope82

Reaction score
Brembo makes oem brakes in Monterrey Mexico. They make all the GM, ford factory brakes in that plant. I never thought brembo would make their brakes in Mexico but it didn’t surprise me. I saw that this morning on my way back from Cancun.
71C56E6F-AFFB-4201-A438-077B05DFF37B.jpeg

badass98svt

Reaction score
Hecho en Mexico. I see that a lot on my Ford cars anyway. Still better than chYna

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online