Isn't it grreat knowing EVERTHING??!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hybridbird, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Hybridbird

Hybridbird Active Member

Well got my self initiated into the dee dee dee club with the car the other day.A couple weeks ago I put in a catted X pipe,and about 10 miles later I got a CEL.After a quick poll on the boards here,I figured out that it was about a 50/50 chance whether or not I would get a CEL with this BBK x pipe soooooo....I went to "the zone" because I didn't have a reader and had them pull the codes before I spent anymore money.They said it was a "heated 02 circuit fault" so I just ASSUMED( you guys know what's coming right ) that with the new X pipe that it was the rears.I After I ordered some MIL's from Steeda and waited 2 WEEKS to get them I disconnected the battery and plugged in the MIL's.I went for a drive for about 5-6 miles and low and behold....CEL,I was like WTF??SO I went and got my own OBD scanner (over the counter but very nice IMO) and I get a heated 02 circuit UPSTREAM right bank.Well, to keep this from getting any longer,I threw 2 new front 02's in( cuz I figured the other one wasn't far behind the one that threw the code) and for shit's-n-giggles took out the MIL's and been driving it a couple days like that and no CEL.Guess that's what I get for ASSUMING,but how weird is it that I have the thing 3 months with no codes and the day I do the X pipe I get an 02 code and it's upstream??Live(spend) and learn I guess :hammer:

2. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Wait, so you were getting the CEL because of the o2 sensors being bad, or because they were detecting too much CO, CO2, etc?

3. Hybridbird

Hybridbird Active Member

I got the CEL because my 02 was bad,but it was one of the front ones,not the ones behind the X pipe,so I replaced both front ones and no more code.I just thought it was weird it took a shit the same day I did my X pipe. ::) That's about my speed though :banana:

4. 97vertstang

97vertstang Well-Known Member

shit like that happens all the time, at least to me too. they probably went bad when u took em off the stock pipe.

5. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Oh ok, I get it now. That's one of the things I'm nervous about when I put a catted x on my car.

6. 94Vert

94Vert Active Member

My cel just came on today for like an 1/8th of a mile then went off. I 've had my x pipe on for a while. I figured maybe that was the cause

7. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

my CEL goes on and off periodically...sometimes for a day or two or for months at a time. even with no MILs and no cats, i dont get CELs..its wierd. :dunno:

8. Quick96Mystic

Quick96Mystic Active Member

My x-pipe scared my CEL away somehow :dunno:

9. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

:hammer: :hammer:

glad you got it fixed man.. mine hasn't come on all winter besides when i had a bad plug wire.. hopefully its just gone for good but i have a feeling that its going to start coming back on as it gets hotter... :dunno: