Isn't it grreat knowing EVERTHING??!!

Hybridbird

Reaction score
Well got my self initiated into the dee dee dee club with the car the other day.A couple weeks ago I put in a catted X pipe,and about 10 miles later I got a CEL.After a quick poll on the boards here,I figured out that it was about a 50/50 chance whether or not I would get a CEL with this BBK x pipe soooooo....I went to "the zone" because I didn't have a reader and had them pull the codes before I spent anymore money.They said it was a "heated 02 circuit fault" so I just ASSUMED( you guys know what's coming right ) that with the new X pipe that it was the rears.I After I ordered some MIL's from Steeda and waited 2 WEEKS to get them I disconnected the battery and plugged in the MIL's.I went for a drive for about 5-6 miles and low and behold....CEL,I was like WTF??SO I went and got my own OBD scanner (over the counter but very nice IMO) and I get a heated 02 circuit UPSTREAM right bank.Well, to keep this from getting any longer,I threw 2 new front 02's in( cuz I figured the other one wasn't far behind the one that threw the code) and for shit's-n-giggles took out the MIL's and been driving it a couple days like that and no CEL.Guess that's what I get for ASSUMING,but how weird is it that I have the thing 3 months with no codes and the day I do the X pipe I get an 02 code and it's upstream??Live(spend) and learn I guess :hammer:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Wait, so you were getting the CEL because of the o2 sensors being bad, or because they were detecting too much CO, CO2, etc?

OP
OP
H

Hybridbird

Reaction score
I got the CEL because my 02 was bad,but it was one of the front ones,not the ones behind the X pipe,so I replaced both front ones and no more code.I just thought it was weird it took a shit the same day I did my X pipe. ::) That's about my speed though :banana:

97vertstang

Reaction score
Hybridbird said:
I got the CEL because my 02 was bad,but it was one of the front ones,not the ones behind the X pipe,so I replaced both front ones and no more code.I just thought it was weird it took a shit the same day I did my X pipe. ::) That's about my speed though :banana:
shit like that happens all the time, at least to me too. they probably went bad when u took em off the stock pipe.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Hybridbird said:

Oh ok, I get it now. That's one of the things I'm nervous about when I put a catted x on my car.

94Vert

Reaction score
Hybridbird said:
Well got my self initiated into the dee dee dee club with the car the other day.A couple weeks ago I put in a catted X pipe,and about 10 miles later I got a CEL.After a quick poll on the boards here,I figured out that it was about a 50/50 chance whether or not I would get a CEL with this BBK x pipe soooooo....I went to "the zone" because I didn't have a reader and had them pull the codes before I spent anymore money.They said it was a "heated 02 circuit fault" so I just ASSUMED( you guys know what's coming right ) that with the new X pipe that it was the rears.I After I ordered some MIL's from Steeda and waited 2 WEEKS to get them I disconnected the battery and plugged in the MIL's.I went for a drive for about 5-6 miles and low and behold....CEL,I was like WTF??SO I went and got my own OBD scanner (over the counter but very nice IMO) and I get a heated 02 circuit UPSTREAM right bank.Well, to keep this from getting any longer,I threw 2 new front 02's in( cuz I figured the other one wasn't far behind the one that threw the code) and for shit's-n-giggles took out the MIL's and been driving it a couple days like that and no CEL.Guess that's what I get for ASSUMING,but how weird is it that I have the thing 3 months with no codes and the day I do the X pipe I get an 02 code and it's upstream??Live(spend) and learn I guess :hammer:

My cel just came on today for like an 1/8th of a mile then went off. I 've had my x pipe on for a while. I figured maybe that was the cause

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
my CEL goes on and off periodically...sometimes for a day or two or for months at a time. even with no MILs and no cats, i dont get CELs..its wierd. :dunno:

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
my CEL goes on and off periodically...sometimes for a day or two or for months at a time. even with no MILs and no cats, i dont get CELs..its wierd. :dunno:

My x-pipe scared my CEL away somehow :dunno:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Quick96Mystic said:
My x-pipe scared my CEL away somehow :dunno:
:hammer: :hammer:

glad you got it fixed man.. mine hasn't come on all winter besides when i had a bad plug wire.. hopefully its just gone for good but i have a feeling that its going to start coming back on as it gets hotter... :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online