It’s time for another round of “Name That Part!”

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
that hose is in the fender purge solenoid , and it is broken on other side , and you need to see witch way flow is pulling vacuum, it goes to the back of upper intake

Upper intake is for a “93 Cobra R” All four vacuum inlets were connected to other things before and after this fuel injector mess up.

IMG_8872.jpeg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
ever pulled a fender on one of these
start with inner liner and tire wheel removal
take some pics under fender see what you got

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
i get it it takes a while take your time
Yeah, that’s why I’m not in a real hurry. My original question was posted late last night, during a time in which I could not ask my husband about the discovery. There’s a vacuum gauge on the car itself, and even with the new injectors, it read 15 PSI at idle, which is normal for that car.

The next morning, after people on this forum told me what it was, I informed my husband (who works from home) about my discovery, since we were still thinking vacuum leak, since the car had not been driven or accelerated hard yet. He looked at it and told me that it doesn’t go to anything, which is why it was tucked away to begin with.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
to me its vacuum and fuel problems i see
on your egr did you get the plug for it to plug in the harness egr
its an eliminator for the egr
i see you have the plate to block it off

07GtS197

Reaction score
Like I said, the vacuum port you’re pointing to in the pic is probably the one that’s supposed to connect to the purge valve. You have a huge vacuum leak because of it. You do not need a new maf.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
No oil. I think one or two may have a little used oil from my dip stick, but definitely not any serious lubrication. First timer, so forgive me. It didn’t come with any instructions, so I figured as long as they’re in, why give them a reason to pop out?
I did the same thing first time as well and one of them wasn't seated well enough. I could smell fuel under the hood and after taking it back apart found a small leak on the back drivers side.

I have a trickflow/aeromotive fuel rail that is REALLY tight and almost requires oil or they will tear. It only takes a small rip or a twist like what is above and then you will be able to smell it. With just a dab of oil/spit you will be amazed how easy they seat and be able to feel that they are in tight.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Will the RockAuto Bosch work in my car? It looks very different than my original 86 injectors and the knockoffs.

View attachment 29283View attachment 29284

What was the LMR set? Was these them?

I think that would require a new MAF, or a chip tube, because I think I need 19 PSI

The body is different than the factory style injector, but they will work just the same. Your oring sizes and electrical connector are the same and that’s the only real thing that has to remain the same between them.

I would lean away from putting 24lb injectors in the car- even with a tuned MAF. At this point, we should be reducing the amount of unknowns and that’s throwing more at it and could further muddy the water in trying to track down the issue. I owned a car with un-needed 24s, and even with a couple of different tuned MAFs, I would still run into occasional issues similar to what you’re having now because the cars tune is still built around 19lbs.

GTamas

Reaction score
Repurposing the thread:
I found this tab/bracket/whatever-it's-called lying there unattached in front left of the air cleaner housing. Do you know where it belongs?
20240128_130718.jpg

GTamas

Reaction score
Here it is. The fuel lines were replaced last year to braided ones at a workshop, could be they lost it in the process...
20240130_082727.jpg20240130_082723.jpg20240130_082717.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online