Just got my first v8...2nd SN95

WhiteStallion98

Reaction score
Hey guys just bought my first V8 mustang...she's a 98 4.6 auto...got her of someone who was flipping cars from auctions for 2k with supposedly 110k...well on the dash

image_1.jpeg
[/URL

The motor and tranny are both pulling hard. She has a 1.5 drop in the rear and 2" in the front which might be a bit too much for me as I'm trying to use her as my DD.

So far just have to fix an O2 sensor and a leaky steering line under the hood wise.

the interior is another battle....the instrument cluster needs the speedo gear replaced and the speedo resting needle is missing so the needle hangs way below 0. Also need to change out a bulb or 2 back there, and a new steering wheel and new seats wouldn't hurt as well.

Anyways I'm glad I found this site I hope u guys have some answers for me cuz I'm gonna need some help restoring her

Reaction score
Nice find!

Now it's time to do a coyote swap with a tremec 6 speed and irs. And a cobra front bumper on some 18s in gunmetal grey.

Jk.

Or

Am i?...

But really what do you have planned for it bud?

Reaction score
Replacing the speedo gear is super easy as well as the bulbs. The needle I don't know though. It may be stuck as that can happen when the gauges get messed with. The bulbs you should get are 194s I believe. Get them in leds and you'll be happy. Lmr.com has the speedo gear but for what it is the price is honestly too much. It should be like 5 bucks but they charge like 40. Or at least they did when I bought mine. Welcome to the site though bud, lots of great minds and phenomenal people here

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, looks like you've got a solid car to start with and at a good price. This is the right place to be for advise, lots of good guys here willing to help. I've always liked those new edge got wheels on a sn95

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Great find, it looks like the outside is in pretty good shape. As far as the speedo gear is concerned, get that thing off ebay. I found mine for something like $8 and its really easy to change. The needle for the speedo is simple as unbolting the clear plastic off the front and pushing the stopper in its place. All of those are very easy to do and can be accomplished in probably about 20 minutes.

lutter94

Reaction score
the speedo resting needle is missing so the needle hangs way below 0.

I have a junk cluster I bought off ebay. Needed the stepper motor to fix a Speedo I had (it had turrets). The odo gear was busted, as they're all bound to do. But the pin for the speedo rest is still there I am sure. PM me an address, and I'll send it to ya. I won't worry about the 40 cent stamp. :)

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Great looking car. I would love to get my hands on a white sn95. You may be better off finding a used speedo cluster and just swapping it out. Bulb are cheap though. You can get LED replacements for like 6 bucks on ebay for a pack of 25.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, nice looking car!

OP
OP
WhiteStallion98

WhiteStallion98

Reaction score
guys thanks for the warm welcome. I have the speedo gear on its way 25 bucks from LMR, just picked up the O2 sensor, gonna order the steering line hopefully by the end of tonight and also gonna look for the bulbs as we speak or read.

I have a junk cluster I bought off ebay. Needed the stepper motor to fix a Speedo I had (it had turrets). The odo gear was busted, as they're all bound to do. But the pin for the speedo rest is still there I am sure. PM me an address, and I'll send it to ya. I won't worry about the 40 cent stamp. :)

You are a life saver :notworthy: ...i called a few salvage yards and none wanted to just break me off that piece, or had a broken one that they could take from.!! PM Sent.

as far as plans for the car i wanna have her as my DD so i wanna raise the front so maybe 1.5 to match the rear. change out the front lights to smoked lights. Give the car a black and white theme. Don't know if i should keep the rims silver or paint them either white or black...don't plan on changing them unless someone wants to trade my the GT premiums for that year IMO i like those for this body type :hmm:

After i fix the dash i plan on working on the interior like replacing the steering wheel and maybe new driver seat or change the pair if i find a steal for both

does anyone know what bulbs are for the CEL on the cluster, the asshole who sold me it took it out so he could claim no CEL on the ad.

Reaction score
CEL? All I know about the bulbs is that there is 5 or 6 that go across the whole gauge cluster in the back. The bulbs are 194s I believe but if you need help...I mean... There's this...

sn95 source .com/topic/571-sn95-bulb-identification-guide/

By our very own Steve (ferocious)

OP
OP
WhiteStallion98

WhiteStallion98

Reaction score
CEL? All I know about the bulbs is that there is 5 or 6 that go across the whole gauge cluster in the back. The bulbs are 194s I believe but if you need help...I mean... There's this...

sn95 source .com/topic/571-sn95-bulb-identification-guide/

By our very own Steve (ferocious)

Yea the bulbs at the bottom that light up BRAKE, CEL, ABS etc....anyone know what type of bulbs they are...we had to put the cluster back cuz it's my DD.

The list on the link didn't have it

lutter94

Reaction score

Skoll

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, fellow new guy. I just wanna say that I got my odo gear and cluster LEDs, etc off Amazon for cheap. I think I paid nine dollars shipped for the odo gear when I see it going like $40 on car parts sites.

OP
OP
WhiteStallion98

WhiteStallion98

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, fellow new guy. I just wanna say that I got my odo gear and cluster LEDs, etc off Amazon for cheap. I think I paid nine dollars shipped for the odo gear when I see it going like $40 on car parts sites.
Thank you and welcome as I see your fairly new as well...I got everything on its way.

Once I have her working back to normal I gotta work on the cosmetics, headlights, fogs, tail pipes, steering wheel is a must! And then I'll be ready for some meets :D

Reaction score
Thank you and welcome as I see your fairly new as well...I got everything on its way.

Once I have her working back to normal I gotta work on the cosmetics, headlights, fogs, tail pipes, steering wheel is a must! And then I'll be ready for some meets :D

im just gonna leave these here...

ybe9y4eg.jpg

b0ef2fe05c6e54c9ec52debcca1af5ff.jpg

^ (blwnbyu)

P9032625.jpg

M20.jpg

^ (dalamar)

2965635749_4db54d9036_o.jpg

news_2015_98-0136_ebay_feature-1038x576.jpg

Reaction score
OMG...these two :drool2:bronze FR500's so bada$$......I can't she's suppose to be my DD.....

so? whats your point? look at my build thread, my car is a dd too. so is [MENTION=19482]B.mad[/MENTION] 's car. just dont go super crazy, but you can afford to have a nice suspension setup and wheels. just be careful with potholes and bumps and such...they blow big time... i cringe every time i hit something i dont see

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online