Justin and Handz Tire Talk Thread!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I made this thread so me and handz could talk about our cool new tires and how awesome we are at having boost and wasting gas.

so um handz gtf in here and talk to me about your new nt05s

I just got my kumho ecsta xs's put on and let me say, they are titssssss.

Its amazing how much a set of rear tires can change the whole feel of the car and traction is pretty much what I expected.

Not much in first gear, but 2nd gear on sticks pretty good. Honestly, they seem to be just as sticky as the nitto 555r's i was running before this

They really stick around turns though. Again, It amazes me how a good set of rear tires can make the car handle so much better. lol

Here is a video for you guys that will ask for burnouts vids for some reason.

Its kinda lame because I was trying to hold my cell phone out the window and not throw my car into a ditch at the same time. I didnt realize that I never even was close to be WOT untill I listened to the sound after I took it. When your cool you throw smoke off your car like this at 1/4 throttle. haha

http://youtu.be/DZwnOdxcN_g

Either way, its kinda cool

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
:)

But seriously, Ive heard so much good shit about those tires, im curious if handz loves them.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea are they good or what ?

I love these kumho ecsta xs's

The nt05 and them are similar

kumho tread wear is 180 vs nitto is 200 so the kumho is technically a little softer

They are both geared more towards handling. Wish I had the kumhos on the front too but they definitely made a world of difference. I feel like I can enter a turn hard and not be scared to end up in a ditch now

DSCN0874-1.jpg

cool ass tread pattern too

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
nice i like those tires too justin a friend of mine has those on his gt40 he just built hes got 335 35 17's on the back :) i want those tires next

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well since we're on the topic of tires, i have a question.

will a 315/40/17 tire fit on a 17x9 rim without any problems?
and i apologize for being such a n00b.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a Kenne Bell, I am God. I blow through a 1/2 a tank in like 45 of just driving around town.

I got NT05 pics i will post this weekend.

Unlike Justin, I buy my tires 4 at a time, every time to keep proper handling. I run a square set up 17x9 all around. 275/40ZR17. I ran 4 sets of of Nitto 555 before i got the Boost and now needed better tires.

I was either gonna get the Falken 614K's or the Nitto NT05's. I am not down with Kuhmo or Toyo. the falken and the nittos were both 200 treadwear. I picked the Nitto cause they looked cooler, had nice reviews, and were cheaper.

The NT05 are not any louder than the 555's, but my car is loud so I cant tell.

The NT05 rubber is VERY soft. From what i felt with the NT01, i couldn't tell a difference in how the rubber felt between the NT01 and NT05.

The tread wear is 200 on the NT05 but the tread depth is only 7/32. It like nothing. Look crazy in person like the tread is already low lol.

First thing i notices is the turn in. They BITE. The sidewalls are nice and stiff at 35psi. MUCH stiffer than the 555's.

The tail doesnt come out anymore while just driving around town. 1st gear is still spinning a little but it grips back way quicker. 2nd gear i can finally floor the gas all the way without being scary. The car feels less tail happy cause of more grip. I can punch the gas way more out of the corner. I can finally feel the true power of the car.

Tire are dope, The NT05s are legit. Gonna get a pair of NT05R's if i get some extra cash.

Kinda thinking of getting another pound of boost and seeing if short motor can handle 11-12 pounds.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well since we're on the topic of tires, i have a question.

will a 315/40/17 tire fit on a 17x9 rim without any problems?
and i apologize for being such a n00b.

well, first of all I would go 315/35/17, not a 315/40

And you should be able to get a nitto 315 on there, but it will be a stretch and I wouldn't recommend it to be honest...but the cobra guys do it.

I have a true 315 on a 11 inch wide wheel FYI, nittos usually run thinner.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
275/40 is the correct size for a 17x9 wheel. Any larger does not use all the tire and the sideway is compromised because it bulges making the wider tire useless.

Just because the tire is wider, does not mean you will have more grip. You need a wider rim to utilize a wider tire.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a Kenne Bell, I am God. I blow through a 1/2 a tank in like 45 of just driving around town.

I got NT05 pics i will post this weekend.

Unlike Justin, I buy my tires 4 at a time, every time to keep proper handling. I run a square set up 17x9 all around. 275/40ZR17. I ran 4 sets of of Nitto 555 before i got the Boost and now needed better tires.

I was either gonna get the Falken 614K's or the Nitto NT05's. I am not down with Kuhmo or Toyo. the falken and the nittos were both 200 treadwear. I picked the Nitto cause they looked cooler, had nice reviews, and were cheaper.

The NT05 are not any louder than the 555's, but my car is loud so I cant tell.

The NT05 rubber is VERY soft. From what i felt with the NT01, i couldn't tell a difference in how the rubber felt between the NT01 and NT05.

The tread wear is 200 on the NT05 but the tread depth is only 7/32. It like nothing. Look crazy in person like the tread is already low lol.

First thing i notices is the turn in. They BITE. The sidewalls are nice and stiff at 35psi. MUCH stiffer than the 555's.

The tail doesnt come out anymore while just driving around town. 1st gear is still spinning a little but it grips back way quicker. 2nd gear i can finally floor the gas all the way without being scary. The car feels less tail happy cause of more grip. I can punch the gas way more out of the corner. I can finally feel the true power of the car.

Tire are dope, The NT05s are legit. Gonna get a pair of NT05R's if i get some extra cash.

Kinda thinking of getting another pound of boost and seeing if short motor can handle 11-12 pounds.

hahaha

I should have just bought all 4, but I got an amazing deal on some pirelli's on closeout that I couldnt pass up so thats whats on the front.
They bite hard, Havent even been able to understeer or get them to squeel.

You definately need more boost bro, do it

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
275/40 is the correct size for a 17x9 wheel. Any larger does not use all the tire and the sideway is compromised because it bulges making the wider tire useless.

Just because the tire is wider, does not mean you will have more grip. You need a wider rim to utilize a wider tire.

this is 100% true, stuffing a big tire on a smaller rim will reduce traction A LOT.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Are those custom widened 10th anniversary wheels? Pics on car?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think running different tires front and back looks so ghetto. I cant stand it on a nice car. I consider my car to be kinda nice so wont do that. 4 tires, everytime. Same brand. I like run a square even set up also. keeps the handling nice for these cars. Larger tires in the rear gives understeer.

I didnt do a burn out with my tires. They were like $830 with warranty. i try to save my rubber for gripping stuff.

I want another pound of boost, but IDK how much these motor can take. Some guy on Modded mustangs have my same set up with a 14 Pound pulley at 450HP with stock motor through an auto. I wonder if his motor is gonna blow soon.

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wish i had boost and new tires, maybe even a car that was running would be good too.

BTW i like the kumho tread pattern

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

this is 100% true, stuffing a big tire on a smaller rim will reduce traction A LOT.

alright! thanks for the help guys. i appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
That91foxbody

Members online