KENNE BELL super chargers 5.0 l 94-95

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I just want to ask every one on the forum a question ,with a 94 to 95 with the 5.0 still in it
If the kenne bell super chargers were in production still and you could get one , would you get one

joemomma

Reaction score
I'd certainly be interested in one. Although from what I remember they don't make all that much power, it would be cool to have. You don't see many of them. Plus, you could always throw one on a stroker for some serious fun.

OP
OP
RAU03MACH

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I knew a guy that had one on his
That car was a blast to drive
By the time I was looking for one , they quit making them

Makoto

Reaction score
A buddy with a 04 cobra wants one for his car just for the whine lol

95opal

Reaction score
First the 94-95 KBs are extremely hard to find. For a street car the old school kbs were heat monsters that produced high IATs. lack of intercooler. Sure you can run meth to help the issue. As you can see with oilspills hci and blower very low HP numbers. The only thing with the KB is the cool factor other than that a $1500 used s trim would be a better option.

OP
OP
RAU03MACH

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
First the 94-95 KBs are extremely hard to find. For a street car the old school kbs were heat monsters that produced high IATs. lack of intercooler. Sure you can run meth to help the issue. As you can see with oilspills hci and blower very low HP numbers. The only thing with the KB is the cool factor other than that a $1500 used s trim would be a better option.
I was talking to one of my friends
He mentioned that the very first version of the KB supercharger use to have some kind of by pass valve
That would prevent it from heating up while just driving around
But you have your foot in it start to heat up
Almost like the turbo we have on our military equipment
Let idle for 10 minutes to cool off

OP
OP
RAU03MACH

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
so far i am satisfied with the kenne bell on my 98 4.6 cobra
it dose perform well

joemomma

Reaction score
I'd like to find one of those used $1500 deals lol. Everything I see for sale people want new money for used.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think performance parts in general have gone up significantly the past 5-10 yrs. I was surprised to see that a set of trickflow heads used now goes for only a little less than what I got mine for new 12 yrs ago. Pick your least favorite politician to blame

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online