LED Cluster Sugguestions

MissFivePointSlow

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a question on what LED Manufacture y'all prefer when it comes to cluster's. I went to SuperbrightLEDS.com before and They spazed out and would pretty much disco strobe randomly which is all fun and dandy when your driving a night. :emotions122: What does everyone use, What has been great, who is to stay away from? My little sixxer had horrible electrical problems towards the end so I do not if that was the factor to the cluster strobing in the long run but the cluster started before the rest of the car so I just want to ask out to everyone whats y'alls opinion!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The LEDs from there should work fine? Its usually what people find the best result with, but they're terribly over priced. Sounds like an electrical issue to me?

I got mine from eBay. They work great!! (Have to wait til spring to test the life of them, should fail in the first week if they ever fail I suspect). My set was $8 +shipping for 10 bulbs. Theres a link on my build thread in the LED section (on mobile or I'd drop a link here).

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stay away from superbrightLEDs. Paying upwards of $1 for a single bulb is an absolute outrage.

I get all mine on ebay. I usually pay like $1-5 and get anywhere from 10-25 bulbs at once.
Most of them come from China and yes they work perfectly fine.

OP
OP
MissFivePointSlow

MissFivePointSlow

Reaction score
Haha, I do not care if they from China, as long as they last and do not disco my cluster Lmao. I will search for the LED section, I did not see that before I would of went there first! oooops! If I can not find it I'd love a Link when your pc accessible! Thank you!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, I do not care if they from China, as long as they last and do not disco my cluster Lmao. I will search for the LED section, I did not see that before I would of went there first! oooops! If I can not find it I'd love a Link when your pc accessible! Thank you!
Page 13 half way down if that helps. If not pm me :)

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
China LEDs are best LEDs.
The only thing Chinese I wouldn't hesitate to put on my car...

Also just noticed your name... LOL :D

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Whatever is cheap. And ships from the US. A lot of people sell the same stuff you but from chine for about the same price but you don't have to wait 3 weeks for shipping.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Post #88 in my build thread (in signature)I did LEDs in my cluster. Got 10 bulbs for $8 and it did the cluster(6), HVAC(2), and trunk light(1).

OP
OP
MissFivePointSlow

MissFivePointSlow

Reaction score
I got it! Thanks guys! Definitely gonna go with the crisp blue style just to give a nice blue. That will work with the white gauges right? Indian, Chinese, Whatever works and ships quick!

@ FivePointSlow, Lol Yeah i had this name for a bit now when I had my 95 GT and my 88 GT, Now in a 4v May have to get creative on a new name!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I got it! Thanks guys! Definitely gonna go with the crisp blue style just to give a nice blue. That will work with the white gauges right? Indian, Chinese, Whatever works and ships quick!

@ FivePointSlow, Lol Yeah i had this name for a bit now when I had my 95 GT and my 88 GT, Now in a 4v May have to get creative on a new name!

Depends on what color film the light is passing through...

On my 1994 the film for the cluster is blue. The stock yellowish bulbs made the gauges look green. My white LED bulbs show the color of the film which is a deep blue.

If you out blue LEDs behind an already blue film, yes it will be blue but it may be a deep blue or purple...

I have no idea what color the film on your gauges is now... I'm not at all experienced in anything outside of 87-93 94-95 and 05-09.

When buying the LEDs, if off eBay, after you search for say 'blue 3557 LED' (bulb for taillights)
Scroll down and on the left side they have the filters for the search... Click on 'US only' or 'North America only'. Prices will be a bit higher but it's worth it when you get them 3-5 days after ordering instead of weeks and weeks after..

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It's an 97 Cobra, with the white faced gauges.

If I remember right, Theres a thread of someone doing a write up for their LED swap in a 96-98 cobra. White led bulbs were used and made a blue display for the gauges. Not 100% sure so don't hold me to it lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online