Lets talk Superchargers!

Wichers123

Reaction score
Your top kits are Snow Performance, AIS, Devils Own...just to name a few

Kits can range anywhere from a used $200 setup to a brand new $600 kit with all the bells whistles. Basically, you will have a mounting storage location for the meth and plumbing up to where the nozzles will inject the methanol. You will want boost activated setup (similar to nitrous window switch) and siphoning setup to prevent leakdown. Some guys will add low level indicators. Now every setup is different, but depending on how wild your setup is will determine how many nozzles, what size nozzles, and what mixture of meth (50/50, 75/25, straight meth). It honestly is a fairly easy install, we did mine in my driveway in a day. But the car will absolutely need a tune to take advantages of the cooling properties and more aggressive timing or you wont see any gains. Its popular with centri guys to run a nozzle pre-blower as theoretically, you will be pumping dense air into the blower thus creating more psi. The only real additional work I can remember have to do is your IAT sensor has to be relocated in some instances and you never want to spray meth pre MAF. Other than that, its a pretty simple setup that can yield great results if ran correctly.

wouldnt spraying meth/water into the blower cause corrosion issues and may even bend impeller blades. I've always understood the impeller should always pull dry clean air.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
wouldnt spraying meth/water into the blower cause corrosion issues and may even bend impeller blades. I've always understood the impeller should always pull dry clean air.

Thats the belief that people used to say before actually knowing how it works. of course if you run a huge 8gph nozzle pre blower it will just puddle. I personally run a 3gph pre blower, this small of a nozzle, when the jet sprays the meth is completely atomized and is nothing but cool, dense air when it hits the impeller. I picked up 2psi just solely from this pre-blower injection. Also, I'm running 50/50, not 100% methanol. Talk to Rodney at AIS about pre-blower injection, and also now as far as I'm aware even Snow is on board with it.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I have absolutely zero issues on the street and I run a tri nozzle setup (one pre blower, two pre throttle body). I have mine to come on at 6psi, so if just cruising on the street and if I never even hit 6psi than the meth will never even spray. After having meth on this car I will for sure run it on every car I own in the future its a great system to have. Here's how I have mine setup, you can see the single pre blower one and two pre throttle body, and if you look on the right apron you can see where I mounted the boost activated AIS module:

LilRoush

Reaction score
Anyone who says is ALWAYS better or the END all blower should really leave the the tech talk to people who know. Nothing will ALWAYS be better. Different cars, drivers, needs etc.... What works for you might not work for me.

A properly setup centri will always outperform a positive displacement blower any day of the year. Centri's make more power....USABLE power....at the exact same levels as a PD blower (like I mentioned, if properly setup). Centri's make more power, can use an A2A IC setup (which is far better than a A2W setup that all PD blower use), and a centri's linear powercurve performs much btter in both street and strip applications.

Centri > KB

I respectfully disagree with this claim based on experience. Centri doesn't mean more power at all just b/c it's a centri. Air to air or water to air are just as effective if done right. ALL positive displacement blowers aren't water to air. In fact Ford used an air to air on the M90 blown 3.8L V6 in the T Bird. Many are non-intercooled - just like there are many non intercooled centri blowers and turbo set ups.

You don't have to own one to knows its pros & cons. I probably spent 8 months researching blowers before making my decision. If I had the money, I would have gone turbo. I do a lot of racing at the strip and 90% of the information I came across clearly had centri's as the favorites there. PD's are strong from the get-go but don't back the punch that centri's/turbos have up top. Gear a centri/turbo appropriately and you've got the best of both worlds.

For example, I have an auto w/ a 3000 stall and 4.10's. I brake boost to 3-3200 at the line (already making boost) and the 4.10's keep me from ever falling below the 3000rwpm mark the entire way. In others words, Im in boost the ENTIRE run. That combined with the no heat-soak problem and top end pull that centri's/turbos have means I outrun PD cars with as much as 100rwhp more than me.

However, if you are SOLELY interested in stoplight-to-stoplight romps, then a PD is what you want. I personally find those kinds of runs boring. The strip/roll racing is what I enjoy.

Same here. The key is PROPERLY set up. You can gear a PD just like you can gear a centri. I've out run centri/turbo/NA cars with more power in my non intercooled roots sets ups. Again, it shows there is more than one factor in what makes a car fast.

Forged internals :thumbsup: there a must when talking boost

I ran boost for 240,000 miles on a stock bottom end before stepping to a new bottom end and aluminum block.

Wow y'all are awesome lots of great info. My internet has been out for a little bit and it is awesome to come back to all this info! thanks everyone. The engine will have a fully forged rotating assembly also the car will be my DD but a weekend warrior at the drag strip. Some of my buddies want to start getting into road racing. which kinda puts me into a little bit of everything. What exactly would be the downside of using a centri while road racing?

For a road course Mustang, the biggest thing you'll want (other than suspension) is the ablility to get out of the corners. That means low end tq. Low end tq means positive displacement blowers. You can gear a centri to be low end power, but then you wind it up beyond usable power in the straights and lose ground. Look at what Mustangs with blowers are being run on the road courses. You'll see the best times and most consistant times are PD blown. You can't make a Mustang that can be good at both drag and road course. The suspension needs to do two very different things to be effective in either situation.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Anyone who says is ALWAYS better or the END all blower should really leave the the tech talk to people who know. Nothing will ALWAYS be better. Different cars, drivers, needs etc.... What works for you might not work for me.

I respectfully disagree with this claim based on experience. Centri doesn't mean more power at all just b/c it's a centri. Air to air or water to air are just as effective if done right. ALL positive displacement blowers aren't water to air. In fact Ford used an air to air on the M90 blown 3.8L V6 in the T Bird. Many are non-intercooled - just like there are many non intercooled centri blowers and turbo set ups.

Same here. The key is PROPERLY set up. You can gear a PD just like you can gear a centri. I've out run centri/turbo/NA cars with more power in my non intercooled roots sets ups. Again, it shows there is more than one factor in what makes a car fast.

I ran boost for 240,000 miles on a stock bottom end before stepping to a new bottom end and aluminum block.

For a road course Mustang, the biggest thing you'll want (other than suspension) is the ablility to get out of the corners. That means low end tq. Low end tq means positive displacement blowers. You can gear a centri to be low end power, but then you wind it up beyond usable power in the straights and lose ground. Look at what Mustangs with blowers are being run on the road courses. You'll see the best times and most consistant times are PD blown. You can't make a Mustang that can be good at both drag and road course. The suspension needs to do two very different things to be effective in either situation.

I mainly want to power for the drag strip. I just have some friends that are talking about sometime in the near future talking about starting road racing. as of ow we've never done it just going to the drag strip as of now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online