Lets Talk XXR Wheels

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Steven Don't you have xxrs?

That I do good sir. 521's in gold. I went staggered though. 18x8.5 w/ 265/35/18 RE-11 potenzas and 18x10 w/ 275/35/18 RE-11 Potenzas. However I ran the most offset on the rear as possible to get the car to flush out. When I jump to IRS, the extra 3/4" will be perfect.

The one downside to my rims is the lip isn't as wide as I'd like. However it's a skinnier rim to begin with. Had I decided to run a 10" up front (which I wish I kind of would have now) then I'd of run 275's all the way around. Fortunately the RE-11's are pretty damn good tires, and so far I've yet to push them to their breaking point. They hook as well in a straight line, and my car makes about 330ish to the tire.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Pictures for the curious. You'll need the small lugs that are splined. Just make sure you torque them down well. So far no issues.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
That I do good sir. 521's in gold. I went staggered though. 18x8.5 w/ 265/35/18 RE-11 potenzas and 18x10 w/ 275/35/18 RE-11 Potenzas. However I ran the most offset on the rear as possible to get the car to flush out. When I jump to IRS, the extra 3/4" will be perfect.

The one downside to my rims is the lip isn't as wide as I'd like. However it's a skinnier rim to begin with. Had I decided to run a 10" up front (which I wish I kind of would have now) then I'd of run 275's all the way around. Fortunately the RE-11's are pretty damn good tires, and so far I've yet to push them to their breaking point. They hook as well in a straight line, and my car makes about 330ish to the tire.
Reading your sig you just became my new hero. I am a Mustang and BMW enthusiast and you have blended one of my favorite stangs with one of the best interiors BMW has made. Hats off good sir.

/threadjack

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
275 is what belongs on a 10" rim without a very very square sidewall. It's actually perfect in width to the rim, as these run wide. Also running tires that are too wide for a rim creates a minor bulge. Most people over look that, but that actually detracts from handling performance as the tires allowed to wiggle. Turn in and corner grip is amazing with this setup. I can only imagine what Brett (madstangs) 11" 315 on all four corners is like. However this is a much more street able stock friendly combo.

Forgot to mention, my rims are really good quality. Two of them zero balanced, meaning I didn't need any weight to balance them out. I was of the same concern as you guys about the quality. But so far I've been very impressed and intend to take it to an auto cross this year.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Reading your sig you just became my new hero. I am a Mustang and BMW enthusiast and you have blended one of my favorite stangs with one of the best interiors BMW has made. Hats off good sir.

/threadjack

Thanks. It's my jam, it's what I do. I daily drive BMW's but modify the cobra. I will always have the combination in some form or fashion. The seats are changing, but cinnamon will be in this car. Just will be a different type of seat.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Thanks. It's my jam, it's what I do. I daily drive BMW's but modify the cobra. I will always have the combination in some form or fashion. The seats are changing, but cinnamon will be in this car. Just will be a different type of seat.

Ditto, I DD a BMW as does my wife. I have also convinced my parents who have now an e46 and f30 lol. Of course the old man still has his termi and I the sn... Gotta have both!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, my rims are really good quality. Two of them zero balanced, meaning I didn't need any weight to balance them out. I was of the same concern as you guys about the quality. But so far I've been very impressed and intend to take it to an auto cross this year.

Thank you for the review!

These wheels seem to be better and better all the time.

MadStang

Reaction score
275 is what belongs on a 10" rim without a very very square sidewall. It's actually perfect in width to the rim, as these run wide. Also running tires that are too wide for a rim creates a minor bulge. Most people over look that, but that actually detracts from handling performance as the tires allowed to wiggle. Turn in and corner grip is amazing with this setup. I can only imagine what Brett (madstangs) 11" 315 on all four corners is like. However this is a much more street able stock friendly combo.

Lol. Only explanation for it is "eye popping" when you come up on a corner and every fiber inside your brain is telling you to brake but you don't have to haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online