Little Intro and some pics of my ride...

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Looks good dude. When I first opened this thread I thought to myself "the only thing this car is missing is Speedlines..." which when I read along I was very happy.

This is my vote:
SaleenNationalsMadisonIN2011_0049.jpg

cobra head

Reaction score
omg that thing looks awsome i can see the work u have put in it and its looks perfact and welcome btw

OP
OP
S

SVT5150

Reaction score
Looks good dude. When I first opened this thread I thought to myself "the only thing this car is missing is Speedlines..." which when I read along I was very happy.

This is my vote:
SaleenNationalsMadisonIN2011_0049.jpg

LOVE that car. I was shooting for darker bronze wheels but didn't want to get the gold decals. You never know, I have my eyes on another set of wheels already so might do it down the road. I am planning to do my headlights like yours tho. I love them, great job.

justi88

Reaction score
Amazing stang bro! love it from all the angles! I was waiting for you to post some more pics, really one of the best sn95s ive ever seen. Already saved a pic as wallpaper. Keep us posted with your future mods

5point0

Reaction score
The car is awsome bro... Can only dream to have a car that clean.... I was wondering where u got the Saleen enging bay plate.. is that off a wrecked one. did u have to call saleen to get the number registered.. also I see ur car looks like there no a/c, did u weld up the hole in the body or did it come factory with no a/c. are u running a 351 or 302, love the clean engine bay.. Clean ride my friend..

OP
OP
S

SVT5150

Reaction score
The car is awsome bro... Can only dream to have a car that clean.... I was wondering where u got the Saleen enging bay plate.. is that off a wrecked one. did u have to call saleen to get the number registered.. also I see ur car looks like there no a/c, did u weld up the hole in the body or did it come factory with no a/c. are u running a 351 or 302, love the clean engine bay.. Clean ride my friend..

Thannk you for the words man. The engine bay plaque I got back in 99/00. I had a buddy who had some connections at the old Irvine plant. It was blank but he knew the stamp tool Saleen used so it looks pretty damn real. It has my actual VIN, car date and my number. Again, this was more for me as at the time I was 18-20 and couldn't afford the real deal. I would work work work and spend that pay check on Saleen parts lol. I'd look at a check and say "there's my exhaust" I also have the shifter plaque as well and Steve has signed the car. He loved it, though it as real, I never pass it off as one.

Yes, I tore out the A/C when I did the Vortech, with the cobra the lines were in the way and it looked cleaner. I only drive the car 600-800 miles a year so it's not super important but looking back wish I would have kept it. Motor is your typical H/C/I w/ Vortech. I am going to be swapping in a Coyote 5.0 this winter though. Been debating between that and the 03/04 Cobra.

ProKiller

Reaction score
you have to do the coyote! that would be awesome. and do a build thread.

OP
OP
S

SVT5150

Reaction score
you have to do the coyote! that would be awesome. and do a build thread.

That's the plan. Sourcing the parts. My buddy is doing his wife's 2000 Saleen coyote swap. I'll try and take some pics when I am up at his shop.

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Wheels when I bought them. The chrome on all of them were bad, chipping (common on these wheels) and curb rash BUT they were 10" rears so I had to have them.

Saleenwheel1.jpg

Stripped the chrome which was a pretty penny since sand blasting the chrome off would most likely ruin the wheel. Wanted to make sure the "SALEEN" and "Speedline" were retained.

Saleenwheel2.jpg

Close up

Saleenwheel3.jpg

Idea of the brakes... These are Alcon's though.

Saleenbrakes.jpg

whats up dude, it's Matt the guy who sold you the Speedlines. Glad to see they turned out better! Car looks amazing! Pics taken at the Galleria?

OP
OP
S

SVT5150

Reaction score
whats up dude, it's Matt the guy who sold you the Speedlines. Glad to see they turned out better! Car looks amazing! Pics taken at the Galleria?

Whats up bud. Yea what a process haha. Had to have the chrome nitrogen stripped, getting them powdercoated right now, hopefully pick them up today and have tires installed. Have some Falken's I'm going to throw on them. Should look awesome. Pics were taken @ Kaiser in Roseville. We'll have to meet up some time for pics.

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Whats up bud. Yea what a process haha. Had to have the chrome nitrogen stripped, getting them powdercoated right now, hopefully pick them up today and have tires installed. Have some Falken's I'm going to throw on them. Should look awesome. Pics were taken @ Kaiser in Roseville. We'll have to meet up some time for pics.

Who's doing the powder coating? I'm looking for someone, I have a few items that need it. Nice location for pics, I'll have to remember that. I'm down for a photoshoot, text me up. You should roll out to EuroSunday, they're in Roseville this month.

OP
OP
S

SVT5150

Reaction score
For the Treffen event on the 23rd? Yea I'll be there. For the powdercoating, forgot the name, they do great work, it's in Carmichael. They can do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online