Little problem after x pipe install.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Ok so after I installed my off road x pipe, I've been having a slight issue with idle. When I have it in gear and am doing the normal driving ( clutch out, gas in) the idle goes down like it wants to shut off and then it catches its self when I give it gas. It also smells like its running rich when I start it in the morning or after I haven't driven it in a minute.

Any help is appreciated, by the way I did a tune up after and disconnected the battery, also cleaned the mass air. I'm gonna replace the intake, rockers, headers pretty soon so I'm trying to fix this issue before I run into anymore issues.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that something is wrong. After making a major change to the car's exhaust system, it will take a little while for the "adaptive learning" to adjust your settings accordingly.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Like Deep said, i wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. When you go off road or even straight piped, especially at first, your going to be running rich, there is less restriction to the motor blowing out, so now it finally has the chance to breathe.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've swapped an o/r H and catted H on and off mine several times and never had any idle issues. Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere.
Your smelling fuel at start up because you removed the cats and the emissions is in open loop at start up.

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
The thing is, I installed the x pipe two months ago and I've been having this since. I'm gonna replace all the vacuum line while I'm changing the intake, hopefully it'll run way better after.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I've swapped an o/r H and catted H on and off mine several times and never had any idle issues. Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere.
Your smelling fuel at start up because you removed the cats and the emissions is in open loop at start up.

Agreed.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online