Livernois kit is now in and!!!!!

96sohc

Reaction score
I was happy as hell when I got my Livernois kit installed, but you'll get used to the power shortly.

313blkstang said:
yep he said it's a full dyno tune... now my question is this... do all shops tune it on the dyno? lol I'm a lil new to this tune stuff...

It doesn't have to be done on the dyno, but thats how most people do it. The other method is street tuning, but I don't know of
any mustang tuners that will street tune a car. Winding out gears on highways/streets can get expensive, if ya catch my drift.

svtboy

Reaction score
313blkstang said:
DropTopPony said:
VT doesn't make a cam for NPI heads.

They don't? damn... well off to comp's website real quick... thanks for the info.. I swear this is the most helpful 'Stang site I've ever joined... you guys are great

Dont waste your money.. comps stage 1 cams are the same specs as the stock pi.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Congrats I ran the Livernois Motorsport PI intake adapter kit with
no tune and my car ran just fine without a tune it is not needed.
If you do get cams I would get would get the Comp 262's.
I have seen numerous dyno sheets where the Comp 262's dynoed
higher numbers than stock PI cams.

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
LOL nah Scarface they ain't gettin no easy money from me lol.. worked on my car for 12 hours trying to put the PI kit on by myself before deciding to take it to them lol.. Now I'm looking for a good place to install my gears because they want $400 and I think that's a bit high from what I've read on these sites.. So the comp 262's are better than PI cams or what?

Olstangguy

Reaction score
Hey 313blkstang. $500 for a second tune is absurd. But 400 for a gear install is about right at a good performance shop.
I paid about that amount at a good corner mechanic shop in Jackson MI, full bearing kit and U joints. They knew what they
were doing and I was satisfied. Livernois quoted me 150 labor for full length MM subframes connectors install. That may be
a little high, but to me its worth it to have it done right. I think generally, labor costs are higher than average in the Detroit area.
Let us know how your gear install goes.

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
Olstangguy said:
Hey 313blkstang. $500 for a second tune is absurd. But 400 for a gear install is about right at a good performance shop.
I paid about that amount at a good corner mechanic shop in Jackson MI, full bearing kit and U joints. They knew what they
were doing and I was satisfied. Livernois quoted me 150 labor for full length MM subframes connectors install. That may be
a little high, but to me its worth it to have it done right. I think generally, labor costs are higher than average in the Detroit area.
Let us know how your gear install goes.
Yeah that 5 bills is high and it's for EVERY tune you get, that's why I'm gonna get everything done and then just have one tune done that will cover it all.. And you're right about being satisfied with the work, Livernois does do very good quality work and they have a good reputation so I guess you pay for quality.. I don't mind paying extra for the piece of mind... I'll definitely let you all know how it goes, I've also decided to go with 3.73's instead of 4.10's because I do a lot of highway driving..

Pennywise2

Reaction score
313blkstang said:
LOL nah Scarface they ain't gettin no easy money from me lol.. worked on my car for 12 hours trying to put the PI kit on by myself before deciding to take it to them lol.. Now I'm looking for a good place to install my gears because they want $400 and I think that's a bit high from what I've read on these sites.. So the comp 262's are better than PI cams or what?
The Comp 262's are worth it in my opnion.
All the dyno sheets I looked at of both cams the Comp 262's always
dynoed higher than the stock PI cams even though the cam profiles
are somewhat the same.
Get the Comp 262's you will not be disapointed with them. :thumb:

Daywalker

Reaction score
Congrats! I have some PI cams and the Livernois kit sitting in my garage right now, just waiting on one more part and then off the the shop she goes. Hopefully I'll have similar (good) results... :pimp2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online