locking gas cap w/ key. seen those?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
does anyone have a link to some of them? preferebly ones that still have that attachment thing. Ive seen one on AM but its for a 99-04 dont know if itll fit. Also there is one on LMR any reviews? or what about the ones from oreillys? its called master pro select gas caps.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had to replace the cap on my truck that went bad. Got it at vatozone and it had a key on it. It locked the gas cap, held in the gas and still works today years later.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Id just grab one form autozone or somewhere similar, hell most places like that you could go and throw it on in their parking lot and if it doesnt work you can return it. :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They will ask you if you want a sealed, or vented one. Pretty sure ours is sealed but would need someone else to confirm

Failed emissions one year they said because my gas cap leaked.... Didn't know they tested that till then.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Local parts store.

You'll get some junk ones, you'll get some good ones.
The one I bought for the mustang is still working great! The one I bought for the truck was junk. Though the truck gas cap has a really shitty design that doesn't work well with locks.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
awesome! ok so just has to be a sealed one since i need to pass emissions, and they check the gas cap here in cali -_-. Cool any brands to stay away from?

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
dammmm. i saw a chevy one for free :/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member