Long Time to start

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Dropping the tank and replacing the pump really isn't that bad. If you have a set of ramps and a jack you can do it yourself in your driveway. It's a whole lot easier and less messy if the tank is low or empty.
I would normally do it myself but I made the mistake of telling my dad who then decided it is "too dangerous" and it has to go in. Even though I've opened up the fuel system multiple times just never dropped the tank.... Anyway the car is in the shop today getting a 255lph pump installed.

87hurricane

Reaction score
Well, at least you are on the right track. I think a new fuel pump will take care of your long crank issue .

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
The pump did solve the issues but now I have a new issue although I know the problem. The f***ing filler neck grommet on the tank is leaking like a faucet after I filled the tank. Still not sure if the shops gonna make me pay or if they'll take responsibility for it. Either way it'll be fixed tomorrow and this will all be done and I can go back to fun mods

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The shop should have known to replace that filler grommet.
You may have to pay for the grommet but shouldn't have to pay for dropping the tank again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online