Longtubes, Offroad X, Magnapacks 5.0?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Might have a chance to get a whole Magnapack catback pretty cheap locally. Tossing around the idea of putting the Magnapacks on. Anyone have the Packs with Longtubes and a offroad X? I know its gonna be real loud, wanna hear it

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Dude do it!!! It will sound sick. But id swap to an h pipe for the 5.0. Sound more deep and "muscle car". With those longtubes it should rumble. Im looking to replace my regular magnaflows to the packs aswell.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do it that's what I want next but I'm going to have to do custom tail pipes because of ARB

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Dude do it!!! It will sound sick. But id swap to an h pipe for the 5.0. Sound more deep and "muscle car". With those longtubes it should rumble. Im looking to replace my regular magnaflows to the packs aswell.
I love the sound of my X pipe. I had an offroad H, it sounded good. The X just brings it to a whole new level
Do it that's what I want next but I'm going to have to do custom tail pipes because of ARB
If he lets it go cheap enough I will.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Don't think twice, GET EM!! And speaking from experience an h-pipe sounds amazing on a 5.0 with magnapacks!! I'm running shorties so I'm not sure how they'd sound with LT's. I have an exhaust clip of mine in my build thread.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Don't think twice, GET EM!! And speaking from experience an h-pipe sounds amazing on a 5.0 with magnapacks!! I'm running shorties so I'm not sure how they'd sound with LT's. I have an exhaust clip of mine in my build thread.

Id only imagine with LT's it would be louder, and a offroad X would be raspier, which i like a lot. I had an offroad H, swapped to an offroad X when i put my LT's on. I love the way my MAC's sound but sometimes it sounds too blatty for me.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I had stock shorties, O/R X, and magnapacks on my car before the tear down. Sounded incredible, It could only sound better with longtubes!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Id only imagine with LT's it would be louder, and a offroad X would be raspier, which i like a lot. I had an offroad H, swapped to an offroad X when i put my LT's on. I love the way my MAC's sound but sometimes it sounds too blatty for me.

Here's a blurry video of my buddies old Chevy. It had an LT1 with longtubes, OR/X, dual 'packs that went back into a y-pipe with an F-250 dual exit tip thru the bedside. Even though it's on a chevy motor you can still get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6YGiiw0fg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Another of him doing a test run with nitrous (even though you really don't hear it til the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkEI84TlaBA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wish we had taken some more videos of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online