low oil light?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone have any problems with the low oil light..mine will come on then go off....dont really know why..check oil and its fine..about in the middle of the gage..any ideas what would cause this?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mine does that too sometimes, my uncles old Fox did that too

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
in certain parking lots where my car would be at an angle it would turn on..

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea..its done it in when parked on angles..but I swear once it gets hot and i turn it off and back on it comes on...its wierd...

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
anyone have any problems with the low oil light..mine will come on then go off....dont really know why..check oil and its fine..about in the middle of the gage..any ideas what would cause this?

The oil pressure gage is usless on our cars, its basically a switch, anywhere between the lines really means the same thing its so inaccurate. Do you actually check the oil level via the dipstick?

If your oil is actually low it will sense it slightly lower once the car and oil is hot therefore if your car really is low on oil your theory makes sence.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes via the dipstick...and it shows up about the middle ..but the light comes on randomly ..like it wont come on monday..but comes on tuesday and then wont come on wednsday with no change in oil in the car

ko 5.0

Reaction score
yea mine comes off and on monthly for no reason. I check the oil all the time because my oil gauge doesn't work, it is all the way down to the left. I don't think it is any big deal

smokeybear

Reaction score
sometime you will get a slight sludge build up near the sensor and that will make it go on.or the wire is loose.you could try looking at the wire to the sensor or using engine flush to clean out the sludge.but i would not do that if your car has high miles.you could get the tap from hell >:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online