lowering?

95PGTTech

Reaction score
We're getting ready to lower the Cobra, so we've picked out some MM CC plates, new OEM rear uppers, MM 432HO spring kit, MM full length subframe conectors, and Monroe Sensa-Trac foxbody struts.

Reasons being:

1. car needs lowered
2. we would like all of one brand, and we trust MM
3. we are not investing too heavily in struts as we will eventually be getting their max grip box, which includes a coilover conversion

Questions:
1. CC plates are certainly going to help keep a proper alignment on the front, do we need rear lowers now or should we be able to get away with it?
2. As these springs aren't built for drag racing, I'm assuming it won't help weight transfer any?
3. would buying the extreme duty adjustable lowers (ride height adjustable) help compensate for that loss?

johnnydufus

Reaction score
you dont need lowers, you can run the original and it wont do anything different, unless the cups on them are messed up then the spring wont ride.

springs dont particulary help weight transfer it tends to just lower the c/g helping it handle better.

a shock/strut kit will help the weight transfer tremendously if you are going for nothing but drag racing i would suggest 90/10 lakewood

B

BLWN SN-95

subs, Eibach Sportlines, Bilstein shoks is what i have on my 98, you dont need the cc plates they smooth the ride tho, i am happy with my set up and it hadels amazing and my car has 500hp and change on a fairly stock SN you'll have amazing handeling just get your front end alligned

R

rickzcobra

95PGTTech said:
We're getting ready to lower the Cobra, so we've picked out some MM CC plates, new OEM rear uppers, MM 432HO spring kit, MM full length subframe conectors, and Monroe Sensa-Trac foxbody struts.

Reasons being:

1. car needs lowered
2. we would like all of one brand, and we trust MM
3. we are not investing too heavily in struts as we will eventually be getting their max grip box, which includes a coilover conversion

Questions:
1. CC plates are certainly going to help keep a proper alignment on the front, do we need rear lowers now or should we be able to get away with it?
2. As these springs aren't built for drag racing, I'm assuming it won't help weight transfer any?
3. would buying the extreme duty adjustable lowers (ride height adjustable) help compensate for that loss?

Spring rates have a ton to do with your wieght transfer just as important as your shocks and struts.
adjustable weight jacker lowers will help but then you will need the adjustable uppers to get your geometry back correct to get total tire surface to the pavement.

OP
OP

95PGTTech

Reaction score
I thought we were supposed to stay away from adjustable uppers because they cause the suspension to bind and rip the torque boxes out?

R

rickzcobra

I said to use them if your using the wieght jacker style adjustable lowers. If your using just aftermarket standard lowers, then there is no need for adjustable uppers and driving them on the street will kill your rear end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online