Mac Exhaust - any quality issues?

Fender1325

Reaction score
On the never ending hunt for exhaust and I finally narrowed it down to pypes violators or mac flowpath (both would be with an offroad h). Im leaning towards the mac, but im just wondering is there any quality problems with mac? Ive heard stories about rust issues although I dont know why with the durablack coating........... anyways let me know if you've had trouble with mac before guys - thanks

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a MAC Hpipe, the "Dura" part of the coating stayed on, but all the black part fell off :lame: Then it rusted. I also ordered a catback from them, which never showed up, after three months. I finally had to file a chrageback through my credit card company to get my money back. I did call them repeatedly, and was assured over and over again, it would be out Monday, or as soon as they had a box, etc. Just my experience though, but I stay far away from them now myself.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Jus tbuy some high temp coating spray and spray the mid down before installing it :)

S

scarface

Twista said:
Jus tbuy some high temp coating spray and spray the mid down before installing it :)
that should be done with any exhaust thats not SS.

OP
OP
F

Fender1325

Reaction score
sounds kinda scary - might just stay away from mac. Have you guys listened to that yellow 2001 gt on youtube that has the pypes violators in? its pretty impressive i have to say.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Twista said:

Didnt know that (non SS)

i still have to do my prochamber and hpipe :/ there both are uncoated and exposed.

S

scarface

Twista said:
scarface said:
Twista said:

Didnt know that (non SS)

i still have to do my prochamber and hpipe :/ there both are uncoated and exposed.
if not they are exposed to the elements and prone to rusting

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
yeah twista, in a few weeks the welds on your pipes are gonna be lookin like shizzat

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
i've only heard good things about mac :dunno:.... as long as you buy high temp coating you should be fine.

9psi 98

Reaction score
LJmagicJJ said:
i've only heard good things about mac :dunno:.... as long as you buy high temp coating you should be fine.

All coatings aside, MAC products are not known for a quality fit. They are so bad that my friends's exhaust shop that I worked at for a while actually turns away customers that show up with MAC products because they are too much trouble to mess with. I had no idea that their coatings sucked as well, now I'm 100% against anything they make.

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
LJmagicJJ said:

All coatings aside, MAC products are not known for a quality fit. They are so bad that my friends's exhaust shop that I worked at for a while actually turns away customers that show up with MAC products because they are too much trouble to mess with. I had no idea that their coatings sucked as well, now I'm 100% against anything they make.

yeah i have heard that too, however, i have a MAC h pipe on my car now and it fit fine and so do a couple of my buddys.... it's almost a hit or miss.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Too many hits than misses for us. Any time you have to cut a brand new H-pipe apart to re-weld it you're dealing with a POS product.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
Too many hits than misses for us. Any time you have to cut a brand new H-pipe apart to re-weld it you're dealing with a POS product.

??? Dunno, what mac product your getting. Lets say i have more than "2" and all fit perfect.

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
Twista said:
9psi 98 said:

??? Dunno, what mac product your getting. Lets say i have more than "2" and all fit perfect.

+1 million, i've only had good luck w/ them .... :dunno:

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Ive got a Mac o/r H-pipe and Mac pro dumps. Fits good , sounds good. No problems.

O0 From me

S

scarface

I havent ever had any problems with Mac, other than them sending out the wrong part. However I have heard stories of them not fitting well.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I don't have any personal experience with MAC, but the Catted X I bought from Pypes fit very well and wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them again.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Twista said:
9psi 98 said:

The same MAC exhaust products that this thread is surely talking about. We saw more than our share of these products as well as many other products that either fit well or needed a little bit of tweaking. I worked there at the exhaust shop about 5 years ago, so maybe MAC has improved their quality a little. But with the problems I had personally, I'll give my money to another company.

riored96gt

Reaction score
I put a MAC H-pipe on my '89 and tried numerous times to get it adjusted properly...it never fit right.
Unfortunately, I had ordered equal length shorties at the same time. They also were "close" to being a really good fit. I had a tiny exhaust leak I could never cure.

Go BBK or Bassani!

Casper98gt

Reaction score
After having FLowmaster American thunder, Duramax catback, SLP LM1's, SLP Powerflow, Magnaflow Magnapacks.....i finally bought MAC and have been happy with it. I wasnt a fan of anything i had bought in the past, but i dont have any problems with them. the tips are the pain in the ass because they dont stay where you want them so i got them tacked. The SLP powerflows are the best sounding muffler on a mustang i have ever heard. But i ran over a manhole cover and they got ripped straight off my car. So i bought the MAC The blackcoating is STILL ALL on mine. I have had them for 2 yrs. now. Great exhaust for the money in my opinion. I have a UPR Offroad X-pipe with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online