MAc LT's, O/R H, MAC MUFFLERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone have an exhaust clip on a 94-95 5.0 with MAC LT's, offroad H and MAC mufflers? Looking to maybe get the LT's.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Have fun putting those on...plus you need inspection in NY right?

unless your pushing a lot of air you not going to gain but maybe 5hp over shortys

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Have fun putting those on...plus you need inspection in NY right?

unless your pushing a lot of air you not going to gain but maybe 5hp over shortys

MAC's are said to have pretty good fitment. Yeah I need inspection, I'm running an o/r H, not worried about adding the LT's to be honest. As for the gains, at the moment I'm looking more for sound improvement. They gotta give
more than 5 hp though... I looked at the factory manifolds and they look so restricitive its not even funny.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
MAC's are said to have pretty good fitment. Yeah I need inspection, I'm running an o/r H, not worried about adding the LT's to be honest. As for the gains, at the moment I'm looking more for sound improvement. They gotta give
more than 5 hp though... I looked at the factory manifolds and they look so restricitive its not even funny.

Fitment isn't the issue....it's taking the time and aggravation to put them on... Also I have heard more then a few horror stories about macs and our cars...also with inspection you technically will fail then. So why are you not worried about it? That makes no sense.

You should wait until you do the H/C/I on your car to save the hassle.... Do mechanical things like breaks, suspension, fluid changes in rear end things like that so you will be ready for "these huge goals you have"

and no on a stock car your looking maybe 3-5 hp over shortys.

Welcome to ford cutting corners.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Fitment isn't the issue....it's taking the time and aggravation to put them on... Also I have heard more then a few horror stories about macs and our cars...also with inspection you technically will fail then. So why are you not worried about it? That makes no sense.

You should wait until you do the H/C/I on your car to save the hassle.... Do mechanical things like breaks, suspension, fluid changes in rear end things like that so you will be ready for "these huge goals you have"

and no on a stock car your looking maybe 3-5 hp over shortys.

Welcome to ford cutting corners.

I hear ya. I'll pass inspection, im not worried about that. I'm not doing any motor work probably until next year. My mechanics going to be installing them. My fluids are all good, new brakes were done almost a year ago. Suspension will be done when I decide what route i want to go. Nice, low cruiser or something thats got a good stance but can go straight and take the twisties. I'd wait till I do the hci swap but like I said thats not anytime soon. I've been steered away from Pacesetters so MAC is my only other choice

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would stay away from Mac and longtubes period!
Mac are lot harder to install and not worth the very little gains and ground clearance.

Id suggest shorties 1 3/4" if you plan on pushing more than 350hp

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Longtubes aren't worth the money. You'll gain maybe 10rwhp for the price you could put some gt40 heads on your car, or lower it correctly. They also kill your ground clearance. I'd stay away from them at this point in your build.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
This debate is worse than pushrods vs modular. ANYTHING is better than the stock, kinked headers.

To answer the OP's question, here is a video:

[video=youtube_share;5Gi27YR9ip4]http://youtu.be/5Gi27YR9ip4[/video]

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
This debate is worse than pushrods vs modular. ANYTHING is better than the stock, kinked headers.

To answer the OP's question, here is a video:

[video=youtube_share;5Gi27YR9ip4]http://youtu.be/5Gi27YR9ip4[/video]

Thank You! All I asked for originally was a clip lol. I want the car to be louder so I want LT's. I don't see them as a waste of $$ if I'm doing hci anyways...

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
No problem

Can I get your honest opinion? The MAC LT's should be an improvement no? I'm not expecting to be thrown back in my seat, my mechanic told me your not gonna get the power your looking for until you do a blower or motor work. I understand that, but i mean all these members in here saying its a waste and ground clearance.. I'm not lowered so right now thats fine. Like i said originally I'm more into them for the sound right now

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Your mechanic is right. Win, Javi and slow90coupe are also right. There won't be any "earth shattering" hp/TQ gains on a stock motor. Will it make a small difference? Sure. It will also make it sound a little different and help with future mods. The unmentioned benefit is that LTs generally make changing plugs easier.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Your mechanic is right. Win, Javi and slow90coupe are also right. There won't be any "earth shattering" hp/TQ gains on a stock motor. Will it make a small difference? Sure. It will also make it sound a little different and help with future mods. The unmentioned benefit is that LTs generally make changing plugs easier.

Sounds good. I know it won't make a big difference now. Just didn't want to think I'm gonna be throwing $$ away. I know its a different car but my sisters bf put some LT's on his 06 sixxer, a little quicker but like 10x louder. Right now I'm just looking for a louder exhaust and beefier tone. Lol do they really make changing plugs easier? Thats cool maybe I'll try and do them myself then lol

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Can I get your honest opinion? The MAC LT's should be an improvement no? I'm not expecting to be thrown back in my seat, my mechanic told me your not gonna get the power your looking for until you do a blower or motor work. I understand that, but i mean all these members in here saying its a waste and ground clearance.. I'm not lowered so right now thats fine. Like i said originally I'm more into them for the sound right now

We understood your question. We're telling you the truth so you don't waste your time and money. Install different mufflers if you want the sound.... Shortys will make a difference in sound.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
We understood your question. We're telling you the truth so you don't waste your time and money. Install different mufflers if you want the sound.... Shortys will make a difference in sound.

Win is right, even some 1 5/8" EL shorties would be a world of difference.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Pick up some shorties....You'll save yourself $$$ and have more to spend on other stuff. People don't seem to understand that different manufacturers use different metal compositions in there product which in honesty the reason they sound different beside the longer runner length.

ProKiller

Reaction score
now this was with a mac shorty's and a o/r H and mac catback.
[video=youtube;7TEIDsWOwA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TEIDsWOwA0[/video]

throwing my .02 cents in though. longtubes were one of the worst things i've even done. PITA to put in, lost a lot of ground clearence, burned out my starter, countless o2 sensor wires from them melting to the pipes, melted a clutch cable, can't take the heads off without removing them. so yeah i hate my longtubes. wish i would have just stuck with shorties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online