Maintaining Vinyl Wrap?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I just wrapped my roof in 3m gloss black vinyl and want to know how I should take care of it? There are some small scratches in it. Can those be waxed out?

Any help [MENTION=18340]Handz[/MENTION]?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My roof is vinyl too but it's CF textured.

If you have any left over, try wax in that first. Or ck with a window tinting place.

Handz

Reaction score
I will try an make this simple.

No, you can not remove scratches from the vinyl. The best think you can do it use a filler glaze like CG BLACKLIGHT to hide the scratches and improve gloss.

The sun will fade the vinyl very quickly. I recommend to apply a paint sealant like CG JetSeal to minimum and help prevent fading.

From my experience, vinyl wrap only last about 2 years or 3 years MAX before the sun starts eating it away where I live in Southern California. If you wanna keep you vinyl looking good, either park in the shade or use a car cover when park for long period. UV rays are the vinyl's worst enemy.

Hope that helped!!!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
^Interesting. Thanks for info. definitely something to think about.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I will try an make this simple.

No, you can not remove scratches from the vinyl. The best think you can do it use a filler glaze like CG BLACKLIGHT to hide the scratches and improve gloss.

The sun will fade the vinyl very quickly. I recommend to apply a paint sealant like CG JetSeal to minimum and help prevent fading.

From my experience, vinyl wrap only last about 2 years or 3 years MAX before the sun starts eating it away where I live in Southern California. If you wanna keep you vinyl looking good, either park in the shade or use a car cover when park for long period. UV rays are the vinyl's worst enemy.

Hope that helped!!!

Thank you, I will look into the jetseal

It cost me $50 and I installed it myself so I have no problem replacing it in a year or 2

The car is garaged and only sits outside for at most 5-6 hours at a time and some of that is shaded

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you put black glossy vinyl on top of a black car? Just curious paint problems or what? For maint I would just use some dash cleaner from time to time but hell worst case ya just yank it off and do it again.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
If you're looking for good protection, Collinite 845, Duragloss #111 or Klasse Sealant Glaze are your best bets for long lasting protection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online