Making the Right decision!

KingOsiris

Reaction score
I need mustang advice form guys who know the sn95 very well. I have a 91 LX that is clean it has 158,000 miles and the body is in almost perfect shape. A buddy of mine has a 94 Cobra with 225,000 miles and it is in pretty good shape clean interior good tires basically untouched car except for a slight ding on the rear lower quarter nothing major. He is asking to trade my car for his, he wants to drag and I want to track the car. Both cars are the same color outside and inside. Should I do this and not look back or should i hold what I got.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's always a tough call to offer advice on without seeing the cars. I think the answer to the question ultimately is: will you miss the 91 LX? Will you regret losing it? Either car could offer you mechanical issues. Who knows. You might have no issues with the SN95, but then you might have tons. Same could be said for the 91.

So really it comes down to how do you feel about it? I think both cars are probably equivalent for a straight up trade - or at least close enough such that if you get what you want then it doesn't matter. The SN95 is a better platform for tracking, but both could be tracked. I think, in order for you feel good about it, it really comes down to would you personally be happy with the Cobra and tracking it? Or would you regret giving up the LX? If you would be happy with the Cobra and tracking it, then I would trade and not look back. If you have personal or sentimental attachment to the LX, then see what it would take to get the LX track worthy - it can be done. I assume neither car would be your DD? What would sour the trade is any sentimental regrets. You should forget mechanical regrets - either car could at any second give you trouble (and once you start tracking it, expect trouble). Is tracking a Cobra worth a 91 LX to you? If so, do it up.

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
Thank you for your insight here are some pics of my car
3e6a8845-2b85-4987-af7c-b05059feab1d.large.jpg
97403cac-e129-4a4b-987d-e8e552339c8c.large.jpg
47b3817b-d400-4d31-905f-59217fe4e664.large.jpg

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
I don't have any sentimental value on the car, I just always wanted a foxbody. What really got me to think about this is that i also have another sn95 that i enjoyed like hell. I see this same potential in this Cobra plus it already has most of the stuff that i wanted to do to the foxbody i.e. cobra brake, cobra r wheels new tint

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any sentimental value on the car, I just always wanted a foxbody. What really got me to think about this is that i also have another sn95 that i enjoyed like hell. I see this same potential in this Cobra plus it already has most of the stuff that i wanted to do to the foxbody i.e. cobra brake, cobra r wheels new tint

Yah that's basically why I said the SN95 would be better to start with for tracking - plus the factory did some addition stuff like stiffening the chassis up a bit. The only thing the LX would have over the Cobra is that it weighs less. But if you get serious about tracking, you'll rip stuff out of the Cobra anyway.

If you don't have any feelings tied up in the LX, and you really want to get in to tracking, I personally would do the trade. But that's me, and what I would do. You have to make that decision yourself ;) [and be prepared to start shelling out some money for "track mods" :D ]

If you are looking for a cruiser, than either car would be good, just which ever you prefer.

The buddy with the Cobra - how good of a buddy is he? Would he tell you honestly any issues with the Cobra? Would you tell him honestly any issues with the LX? If you trust him, I'd do up the trade. But then, I personally like tracking more than I like drag racing ;)

RichV

Reaction score
Strictly off the purpose of the car, I'd do it.

I had a 89 Notch that I road raced for a # of years. I wrecked it on track. Replaced it with a SN95 because you need to do a lot to a Fox to make it open track well. And most of the upgrades are SN95 stuff. Brakes, suspension parts, driveline, etc. The SN is stiffer out of the box, has better track width and weight distribution, 4 wheel disk brakes, can fit wider wheels, and replacement parts are cheaper.

And a early gen SN Cobra is one of the most desirable SN cars.

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
Thanks For all the feedback guys I thought about it all last night and I looked at what you guys where saying and I'm going to do it. I feel like instead of me spending so many thousands of dollars on upgrading to make it track-able I will just get most of the upgrades in one car. This will not be a full out race effort but I want to get on the track at least 10 times a year. When the deal is done ill post some pics

,Willie

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
man...that's a pretty heavy decision to make imo. The LX is pretty clean for the year. Only thing I am always worried about is mileage and his has a ton. Good luck with your choice. I hope you don't regret it someday like we see a lot of people doing lately.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
As with any engine, if treated decent and maintained it'll last a long time. My 95gt has 230,000+ miles and I wouldn't be afraid to drive it coast to coast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.