manual brakes/manual rack

95PGTTech

Reaction score
After her first open-track performance, Julia is complaining (amongst other things) of a lack of feel in the brakes and steering system - long story short, she can't "feel" the road like she can in my Probe (manual perf. rack and manual brakes).

On MM, they have:

MMBAK-10
FR1508

Will the manual rack for the 5.0 clear the 4.6 or is anyone running a high-ratio manual rack from another company? The manual brake adapter plate looks like it will bolt up, is it just listed as up to 95 due to the fox/5.0 sn95 using a vacuum booster?

My question is, can we use these on our 98 Cobra (hmmm...this would also allow me to ditch the p/s pump and lines...nice...). The brake setup for those with questions is the StopTech front kit with StopTech rear rotors. Pads are Hawk Blue race fronts and Hawk HP+ rear. This is still a street car, and race brakes front and rear don't do well in the morning. ABS is still functional with an adjustable Wilwood proportioning valve. On the four-wheel scales the car's front weight distribution was 63% so bias is 55% rear pressure and she reports good braking distances, just lack of feel. We may pick up a more race-oriented set of pads to use on the open track, she was saying there was the slightest bit of fade towards the end of our shakedown runs.

For those with comments about manual racks or brakes, save them. I've already had this discussion with her. She has driven the Probe to work and doesn't mind them on the street. It is a very different driving experience, but if you are a true driver's driver, you really learn to appreciate how safe a good feel from the car makes you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online