Massive Power Loss when Hot

Zutz23

Reaction score
I didn’t read everything except your original post, I’m no mechanic or nothing but I’ve had many cars and shit go wrong. That being said can you check if your cats are clogged ? I had an similar issue with an F150 years back. Had no air flow so the engine lost all power and bogged out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ben37

ben37

Reaction score
We have a winner!

Turns out the cats are clogged now. I drilled three 5/16" holes in front of each rear cat and suddenly the car revvs up again nice and smooth.
I'm gonna go get the rear cats swapped for off the shelf universal cats at a shop later.

I think this whole deal was a multitude of issues. Most of all, I believe that maybe my valve stem seals fouled the cats with oil over time (I know #2 had pretty nasty plugs when I first pulled them), the tune maybe wasn't fully dialed in, and leaky injectors added onto that and caused the weak engine performance, as well as a cam synchronizer that was probably on the way out.

After I swapped the injectors the car suddenly had low load power again, I could keep it cruising at 2k rpm at 40-50mph in 3rd with almost no throttle. That tells me they were done. But I think in the process I have clogged up the cats so much that they are done now.

Zutz23

Reaction score
We have a winner!

Turns out the cats are clogged now. I drilled three 5/16" holes in front of each rear cat and suddenly the car revvs up again nice and smooth.
I'm gonna go get the rear cats swapped for off the shelf universal cats at a shop later.

I think this whole deal was a multitude of issues. Most of all, I believe that maybe my valve stem seals fouled the cats with oil over time (I know #2 had pretty nasty plugs when I first pulled them), the tune maybe wasn't fully dialed in, and leaky injectors added onto that and caused the weak engine performance, as well as a cam synchronizer that was probably on the way out.

After I swapped the injectors the car suddenly had low load power again, I could keep it cruising at 2k rpm at 40-50mph in 3rd with almost no throttle. That tells me they were done. But I think in the process I have clogged up the cats so much that they are done now.

Happy to help man. It would be my first time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online