Mirror paint/options - not junk aftermarket

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don’t have any straight on pictures, but I used a file and dremel to scribe a line on my mirrors and matched the main portion of the mirror to the body. The base is still factory black texture. Now when I did them, I sanded the plastic and put high build primer on it to make them slick.

Sorry for the poor picture, it’s the best I’ve got right now. BE926F20-7DFF-46F8-A3AA-CD97A4BFF1EF.png

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
That looks really good! Now if I could just find some Cobra mirrors that aren't $300.

EDIT: I checked Tasca and they are discontinued.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
That looks really good! Now if I could just find some Cobra mirrors that aren't $300.

EDIT: I checked Tasca and they are discontinued.
You talking about the terminator mirrors? Good luck finding them at any reasonable price.

That’s why I used my stock mirrors and made them look like this.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah the Termi mirrors are bringing stupid money online. So yours are factory? I hadn't thought about just modifying mine. If I screw them up they're cheap enough to replace. I might get a set to play with.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Yeah the Termi mirrors are bringing stupid money online. So yours are factory? I hadn't thought about just modifying mine. If I screw them up they're cheap enough to replace. I might get a set to play with.
Yes mine are the stock mirrors. I made them look like folding mirrors. Then sanded the texture smooth on the painted part so it looks like two different materials. I’ll try to get a better picture. I could have done it better but when I did them I was in a rush to finish the car.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I hadn't thought about just modifying mine. If I screw them up they're cheap enough to replace. I might get a set to play with.

If you buy a spare set to paint, keep in mind the 94/95 mirrors are the smooth ones.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
If you buy a spare set to paint, keep in mind the 94/95 mirrors are the smooth ones.
I was thinking mine have a slight texture to them....maybe they're just old or have been replaced. I might pick up a cheap set from eBay to play with and keep mine original. My painter has some paint left he said, I need to grab it anyway as touch up.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I was at AutoZone over the weekend getting some new wipers (again) for her SUV and grabbed some Duplicolor Trim Black, as they didn't have the SEM. I might work on that this weekend, it is supposed to be nice.

J_lope82

Reaction score
These are export mirrors that I just installed. They were black when I bought them so I had to paint them to match. The original black ones don’t look bad at all either.
F9DEE1E6-9338-4EA6-B8CC-B968BD21664C.jpegF9DEE1E6-9338-4EA6-B8CC-B968BD21664C.jpegF24A4047-E2B0-4528-A519-AED6E9EEDABA.jpeg

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah I like the look of both. I think if I can get mine cleaned up/re-blacked decently that will make me happy. They've just been neglected for the most part I think.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was at AutoZone over the weekend getting some new wipers (again) for her SUV and grabbed some Duplicolor Trim Black, as they didn't have the SEM. I might work on that this weekend, it is supposed to be nice.
the only place I know that you can get SEM brand in a store is O'riely's and they have to order it.

badass98svt

Reaction score

Any bodyshop or paint supply place in your area can get you the SEM. I've ordered it on Amazon before too. (not Ultra Trim Black, just ask for Trim Black).
SEM is professional grade stuff. You notice the quality immediately when you start to spray. Even the nozzle is much nicer and covers the area better.
Not sure about the Duplicolor, but the SEM is a near perfect match for our exterior trim.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online