Miss fire or floating out help!!!

Buford95gt

Reaction score
Seems like my car is floating out or miss firing at anything above 4700 rpms. It's a 95 gt stock with nuttin but bolt ons. What could be causing this? Running out of fuel, cam wore, rocker arms maybe?? Any help will
be much appreciated..

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
How many miles? Stock cam right? Did you recently install any of the mods? Could be an ignition issue or even dirty injectors.

OP
OP
Buford95gt

Buford95gt

Reaction score
Yes it's a stock cam, 120,000 lol and all mods have been on it for at least 1 year
except the headers they have only been on for a month or so.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
For me, missing at hi RPM's was the coil. I upgraded to a Summit 45,000 voltand the problem went away.

Randy

Reaction score
That was my easy fix until I found out I needed coil and plug / wires -tune -upper and lower control arms k member rear seat delete trick flow upper and lower cam heads ect ect.. actually when I removed my roll cage it ran smoother lol And the dry nitrous

Saint

Reaction score
When mine did that I replaced coil, wires, plugs and cleaned the MAF and it fixed the issue...I'd start there before jinxing yourself by talking about bad cam or rocker arms...start small man. It probably needs a tune up. Check for detonation on the plugs....don't forget to clean the MAF

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
That was my easy fix until I found out I needed coil and plug / wires -tune -upper and lower control arms k member rear seat delete trick flow upper and lower cam heads ect ect.. actually when I removed my roll cage it ran smoother lol And the dry nitrous

LMFAO!!! You sound like me!! My oil pump went out in my 302 and I ended up with a 410w

from6to8

Reaction score
For me, missing at hi RPM's was the coil. I upgraded to a Summit 45,000 voltand the problem went away.

was the car having any other signs or issues other than the high rpm miss? cause im gona try my stock coil and see what it might do

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
was the car having any other signs or issues other than the high rpm miss? cause im gona try my stock coil and see what it might do

NO
everything was running correctly any other time. I only had the missfire around 4500 rpm's and higher

from6to8

Reaction score
NO
everything was running correctly any other time. I only had the missfire around 4500 rpm's and higher

ok. first thing i will do this morning is put on stock coil and fire up just to see what it does if anything

OP
OP
Buford95gt

Buford95gt

Reaction score
Put a street fire 48,000 coil on today and cleaned the maf... Didn't change plugs yet, wires look good they r ford racing 8.8mm...(only 1 yr old)...still misfiring around 4500. Any other simple ideas of what it might be guys?? Also the plugs r auto lite 24s gapped for nitrous... I got a new set of 26s gonna put stock gap on and try them

PonyGlued

Reaction score
If you can locate a vacuum gauge it gives a good look at how healthy she is, and its a cheap test. The wires, some in the industry say that they only last a year, but you could test them with a meter and be able to rule that out as the culprit. good luck

vacuum_zps5eb0f122.png

shoua50

Reaction score
Sounds to me like u r losing fuel pressure or valve springs could b weak or lifters bleeding down from not enough oil pressure or worn out lifters