MM LCA’s and bump-steer kit?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of questions regarding the above:

My ‘95 Cobra coupe front suspension has the stock K-member with MM K-member brace, MM kit #COP-1 with Bilstein shocks and an Eibach front sway bar.

I know SQUAT about suspensions and had everything professionally installed so I can just drive it and enjoy it. And now, in my quest to complete the picture, I’m wondering if the addition of the MM LCA’s and their bump-steer kit (P/N MM-5TR-2)with tapered studs would be of value?? I figure, if I’ve gone this far, may as well see about finishing it off, if there’s bang-for-the-buck left.

Thanks everyone for indulging me and my supreme lack of knowledge about suspensions!

Cheers!

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Do you have bumpsteer that you can tell?

The thing about bumpsteer kits is that you really need to measure the bumpsteer to determine where to set it. There are general guidelines, but for the most part everyone's suspension is different as well as their ride height and these settings will change. If you aren't noticing changes in steering direction over bumps, i would forgo the bumpsteer kit. If oyu are stock ride height (you didn't mention springs), i would not add them.

As for the lower control arms, i would definitely look into doing this, especially if your current control arms are original. The bushings are likely dried out and cracked as the exhaust back there pretty much heats them up and causes this over time. I would pick a good set of the MM Lowers, and their stock OE style upper arms and change out all 4. If you feel ambitious, it might not be a bad idea to also change out the two axle bushings in the top of the diff. This should tighten up the rear and keep the axle situated correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.