* Front spring isolators
* Rear spring isolators
* Solid Steering Shaft
* MM Aluminum Rack Bushings, center drilled
* Front Swaybar bushings
* Front Swaybar end link bushing kit
* Front control arm bushings, urethane

and its Starting at: $2,363.54

is this worth it??? a friend said it is....

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
its gunna be a "street" / daily car
i want a mustang with badass handling and all because my current ones is horrible....

96sohc

Reaction score
For a car that isn't going to see any autocross or open track the packaged set doesn't look bad.
However I'd just buy the full length subframes, camber/caster plates, a good set of springs, Bilisteins and call it a day.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
no its gunna be a daily and street car
i dont do the whole auto-x thing
not my style. id get a 240sx or something for that stuff but im not into it.
i know some of the stuff i dont really "need" but it is a package and a friend said if i got that id love it more than gettin an s/c cuz its the best ride/handlin hes ever felt. he said he can take 03 cobras in turns and stuff and for like highway or high speeds he said it handles so well. and for daily use it is great too.
i just wanted peoples opinions to see if it is worth it.

96sohc

Reaction score
Edited my post before I read your reply.
The set has alot of good components, but alot of stuff I wouldn't deem necessary for what you want.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, It's worth it. If your going all out performance on a street car, or track car, MM is the place to go.
and it costs more to buy it in pieces, than the whole box kit.

that will make your car feel so stable, it will outhandle most other cars on the road.

BTW, I have all that plus the torque arm and coil overs :)
It feels so predictable, it's just amazing the difference before and after, and I'm talking before I installed the torque arm.

the only other thing I would recommend is a big brake kit, if you dont have one already.
Good luck.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
if i get this, its going to be on my a new one.
i was thinkin bout gettin another 96-98 GT, all stock and goin from that like i said in other threads but im im wonderin about the edge style...
idk... its all a debate....
but ill prolly end up gettin this kit for whatever it is i get.

Shocker98GT

Reaction score
The Road and Track box is great, but for your goals I think you'd be just as well served by the sport box which is just under $1500.

It's very similar but not quite as "extreme", it actually rides a little softer on the highway and such because everything has urethane bushings and isolators, keeps the stock steering shaft as well (solid shaft in R&T box gives better feedback and feel, but you get more vibration)

Coilovers are a good option too, while the springs are stiffer than stock, the reduction in friction and weight actually improves the ride quality at the same time. You go to a stiffer spring in the stock location like in either of the above kits, the ride quality is going to be stiffer, just a fact of life. And in the future you could add chassis bracing, control arms, etc., as you wished. The rear suspension components (panhard rod, upgraded control arms or torque arm setup) make a huge difference in how the car handles.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I figured why not just step it up to the R&T Box just because it has everything that i would need even when i start makin more power later on

Shocker98GT

Reaction score
It's the better of the two no doubt, I'm just budget/value conscious myself ;) Lots of things I want to do and don't have the money to. If I had my choice it'd be the maximum grip kit, if you can afford it go all out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online