Modifying for nothing?

Whistler98

Reaction score
coats04 said:
i bought a 97 gt a couple of months ago too.mine is forsale due to being a gutless wonder.

i did the following

pi intake/cams
o/r x-pipe
subframes
3:73 gears
pro 5.0 shifter
dd bullitts with 315/35 nitto dr's

on a cold night 2 weeks ago at the track i tried every way to get that car out of the whole and never got better than a 2.0 60'
i was cutting good lights but the car was just slow as hell.trap speeds where 93-95 all night long.best 1/4 time was 14.75 @ 94

you will have to put some serious money in your car to make it "fast".there was a twin 62mm '04 gt out there that was only going 12.2 @124 mph. i know LS1 6SPD CAMARO WITH EXHAUST AND 4:10'S WILL GO RIGHT INTO THE 12'S.SEEN IT MORE THAN ONCE.

Either something is seriously wrong with your car or you need that very important driver mod. I ran 14.7's-14.8's bone stock.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Whistler98 said:
coats04 said:
i bought a 97 gt a couple of months ago too.mine is forsale due to being a gutless wonder.

i did the following

pi intake/cams
o/r x-pipe
subframes
3:73 gears
pro 5.0 shifter
dd bullitts with 315/35 nitto dr's

on a cold night 2 weeks ago at the track i tried every way to get that car out of the whole and never got better than a 2.0 60'
i was cutting good lights but the car was just slow as hell.trap speeds where 93-95 all night long.best 1/4 time was 14.75 @ 94

you will have to put some serious money in your car to make it "fast".there was a twin 62mm '04 gt out there that was only going 12.2 @124 mph. i know LS1 6SPD CAMARO WITH EXHAUST AND 4:10'S WILL GO RIGHT INTO THE 12'S.SEEN IT MORE THAN ONCE.

Either something is seriously wrong with your car or you need that very important driver mod. I ran 14.7's-14.8's bone stock.
+1

First time to the track bone stock...street tires [email protected] and 14.88@94ish with 2.3+ 60fts :dunno:

96GT

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
tooslow said:
about the impoty guys not needing extra chassis support as stangs do, i wouldn't imagine any FWD car would have to deal with that sort of flex. also, not very many i-4 240's produce enough torque to start twisting anything anyways.

+1

If you wanted a perfect example of an import not needing it would have been the Supra's. Their bare chassis is one of the heaviest in the sports car class 'til this day. However, there is NO import that produces more torque than horsepower like the Mustang. The turbo 6's usually produce an even amount of torque to hp, but thats it.

As for the handling...What more do you want from solid axles and modded MacPhersons? Swap that sucker out for coilovers and voila!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
this threads still livng?

Jeez..if you dont like the car sell it, move on. Yes they are quite slow in stock form...but isnt the whole point to mod your car and enjoy how much faster it gets?

If not, go buy a vette and leave it bone stock like the other old farts do.

Seriously though maybe theres something wrong with your car...maybe you should get a tune with the pi cams intake...I know my car was night and day with a tune.

I trapped 102 with no pi cams the other night. I would imagine with pi cams I would trap 103-104....still slow..but really not that slow for a 96gt with the crappiest motor ever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online