Motor mounts: OEM vs Poly vs Solid

J_lope82

Reaction score
Which ones are better and why? What are the benefits of each one.
My car is a street cruiser with occasional pulls and slides. Which one should I get?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Poly. Stiff enough to not leak too much energy but still livable. Comfortable middle ground.

From first hand experience, the motor has imperceptible movement on poly mounts and yet you don't piss foam after a drive, lol.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Do you really think car loses energy from soft mounts?

Engines naturally want to rotate. Soft mounts don’t do much to combat that. Tame that force and it transmits to the tires more efficiently.

Mine has solid, well, everything and it gets intense.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Nothing dampens noises better than rubber. Having urethane or solid mounts of any kind at any location on the vehicle will transmit noise, urethane or solid mounts can be beneficial to tighten up a suspension for better performance but the downside is the noise when driven on the street, especially in an otherwise quiet vehicle.

Good luck with your decision
Michael Plummer

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I went Poly because as others have said the stock rubbers aren't doing you any favors but the NVH of solid mounts is a bit more than I want to deal with for something that's not a race car.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had solid mounts in my car for probably 7 or so years with half of that being daily territory. Never really a problem, but youd probably benefit from polys
I think it all just depends on the individual's tolerance level for NVH. When I was in high school and college I would go solid and spherical everything. Now that I'm 37 going on 85 with two herniated discs in my back I'm all about comfort, minimizing NVH and no drone in my exhaust.

1675272080534.png

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
You know them plastic dashboards like to rattle with any little vibration. Since Im not racing competitively I figure why not make it a smooth comfortable cruiser.
I hate drone, that’s why I chunked the drone masters as far as I could the second I bought the car.
I currently have SR poly mounts. I’ll try the ford original replacement part mounts to see how they feel. I’ll keep the SR mounts in case I want to go back to poly.

Snorky

Reaction score
Any "gains" you will get will not make your car any faster. It will only make it slightly more uncomfortable to drive and put a shit ton of pressure on your trans while launching. Less absorption of shock...

The only real benefit I see is keeping the motor still if you have say a giant engine with minimal room if it tips on accell, or a turbo kit without any flex joints or ball and socket connectors to allow for articulation while the motor tips. The solids will keep it just that.

Just my 2 cents.. I put oem rubbers into my turbo car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online