Motor Mounts

916_5.0

Reaction score
Hey i have a 95 gt and my passenger side motor mount is cracked and i need to replace it im probably going to replace both of them though just so they are both new. Anyways should i run polyurethane ones or try and find just plain stock relacements, i have heard that the stock ones will wear out sooner but that the polys make you feel your motor a lot more. Idk where i can find the stock ones to buy but i was looking at these polys on summit and was wondering what you guys think. http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908282+4294840126+4294924755+115&autoview=sku

And also should i get my headers retightned after because i heard that if my motor mounts are bad it can warp the hearder flange and make them leak so i was wondering if this is true or not.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Pretty much everything you said is true. Polys you will "feel" a tad more but not much. I can't speak on a back to back difference b/c its the cam and dumped exhaust that make my car shake. But they will be more rigid and have less deflection than stock. Not to mention stronger. I'd go with the poly mounts. As the exhaust, check your H-Pipe, just past the headers. My stock pipe cracked there on the passenger side when I had a motor mount tear. If you don't hear a leak yet, you should be good. Put a wrench on all the hardware on the exhaust just to make sure its all still tight. Be easy on the car until you get the mounts fixed.

Downshift

Reaction score
Good to see your finally posting on here and actually getting your ass in gear with that mount haha. Sounds like we better check out your x pipe I thought I heard an exhuast leak coming from your car the other night. Hard to tell with the 500 that i have though. Go poly you know you want to.

fast5oh

Reaction score
lol you little bitchs when are you going to learn to just weld the engine to the car lol jk jk. no dude go poly for sure. and if we can find a cherry picker or we can jack alexs then we can do it there lol. either way. its not that hard

ryclef331

Reaction score
fast5oh said:
lol you little bitchs when are you going to learn to just weld the engine to the car lol jk jk. no dude go poly for sure. and if we can find a cherry picker or we can jack alexs then we can do it there lol. either way. its not that hard

You can do it with a regular floor jack and a block of wood on the oil pan. Do one side at a time.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I don't see the need going with a poly mount when you don't need to. I say just get the stockers they'll do fine. Now if your looking to build a motor anytime soon and getting some going then go poly. I think there great but not nessacery for you at "THIS" time.

ryclef331

Reaction score
its barely a 100 dollars to get the polys. Why cheap out...

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
So my replacement mounts i put on already broke so this is hella gay i just ordered some poly ones so hopefully that will take care of it once and for all. My motor is sitting really like low now too my front header tube on the passenger side is like touching my k-member so yeah thats probably not to good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online