My 96 GT.....

Fastfox400

Reaction score
I recently traded my 93 GT that went 7.8's in the 1/8 on motor for a more drivable street car. I traded for a 96 GT. It has 4.6 DOHC out of a 96. When i recieved the car it had sometasteful mods but none of which i was happy with. SO first order of business was fixing the small oil leaks. VC gaskets, Oil pan, an Power steering rack. Suspension wise it has QA1 Tubular K-member with Pro-series Lowers an a UPR coil-over kit with a 12" 300lb spring. In the back it has Stock conrtol arms with a 1 coil cut off. It had been tuned previously with a XCal2. With BBK L/T header, H-pipe, Flomasters, JLT RAI an IMRC delete it mustard a best of 289/282 to the rear wheels. I have recently started changing a few things.My goals are to have 330/320 to the rear wheels with a few tasteful mods.

In the last few weeks i have been ordering parts an getting thing lined up to install everything over a weekend. The one main item i am waiting for isnt quite ready yet. So here the parts i am waiting for an will get pictures this weekend. As my camera is completely dead.

Parts on order:
Bassani Mid-lengths
Bassani O/R X
Magnaflow cat back
JLT CAI
A shortrunner By BiteMark46 ( Corral and Modularfords)
4.30's
Pro3i Adjustable rear lower control arms
Ford HD uppers
Poly rear isolators

A few things I forgot.
Miezre Electric water pump
March Dampner w/crank pulley

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds like a good mod list, but 1 question. If you wanted something more streetable than your 93, why are you installing 4:30 gears?

OP
OP
F

Fastfox400

Reaction score
I want them. The 93 had a full drag coil over setup with a Vic 5.0 EFI setup with 11:1 CR, large hydraulic roller, AFR 185's. it made very little bottom end tq but made a lot of high rpm power. It was no fun on the street. I think a full size pickup could out brake it.

Also what the fun of having 320-330 rwhp an not being able to use it????

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
well your sure going to have low end power with the 4:30s helping the rear end spin :boink:

OP
OP
F

Fastfox400

Reaction score
:dancing6:

I know that but i also will be hitting the local 1/8th mile periodically. I need to do my part smacking down 1 ls1 at a time. Ya know?

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
yeah i hear that, i'm having 3.90s slapped in mine as we speak

and as for the ls1s i'm coming up with a ported heads blower build that'll handle those nicely

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online