My 97 Cobra isnt getting spark! dont know what to do

bbaldwin

Reaction score
i have a 97 cobra mustang, it was running fine till the other day me and my buddy checked some fuses on it without disconnecting the battery terminals (dunno if this could have triggered my problem) and now the car wont start and isnt getting spark, i changed out the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor thinking that was my problem but i was wrong, ive checked most of the fuses and all seem to be well, my next guess would be coil packs but im not sure. the car does crank but doesnt fire i would appreciate any help

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did you Put the fuses all back in the same spot ? Is the antitheft light flashing when your turning it over

OP
OP
B

bbaldwin

Reaction score
yes we put them all back, im gonna go back over them all when i get home just to make sure, but the theft light flashes when u get in the car, when u put the key in it stops and it starts flashing at moderate speed after its turned over twice without firing, i talked to a ford tech yesterday and he said if the anti theft system was kicking in then it wouldnt turn over at all

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's bullshit ... The ford tech is wrong it will turn over but not send fuel

OP
OP
B

bbaldwin

Reaction score
what do u suggest i do? i have a diagram of all the fuses in the car, could i pull the anti theft fuse? and see if it will start? i also only have one key to the car too

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The one key thing isn't a big deal ... I don't think there is a anti theft fuse you can pull. Unhook ur battery for like 20 mins and hook it back up and try it again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.