My bike-curiousity finally got the best of me

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Geez does everyone have a story about crashing on a bike? You guys are making me nervous to even take it out again lol. I finally got it out of the neighborhood for the first time on Sunday, quite an experience. I was very paranoid though as I felt extremely vulnerable and I'm not totally confident with handling the bike yet. She seems to run well though even with keeping the RPM low.

We're only telling you to help! I do miss the feeling of being on two wheels though. Once you're comfortable on a bike, there truly is nothing like it.

Have fun and ride safe :thumbsup:

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Dad, dad dad. Dad DAD DAD, grand dad. Safety, dad, head on swivel, dad don't stop get it get it and dad dad dad..

<3 the mod team

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed the first thing people say when you tell them you got a motorcycle is oh be careful! It's crazy they seem to have a horrible rap, especially the sport bikes. People talk like every time you take a sport bike out on the road you end up in a fiery crash.

Got together with my friend with the R1 and did some country road riding last night for about a half hour, already starting to feel a lot more comfortable with it but still a long ways to go.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just don't ever let your guard down, no matter how comfortable, and of course, always respect the power.

I couldn't WOT my buddys RC51 because it was just a monster. Get to know your limits :)

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
i am a LONG way from going WOT on this thing, i don't think it's even been over 6000rpm while I've been riding it.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
1 day i smoked a bunch of weed...got on my cousins new ninja. had about 14 people staring at me. got extremely paranoid, cause the weed was potent :p wrecked his bike into my truck. real talk...don't ride when ya smoke to much of that good shit :cool:

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
1 day i smoked a bunch of weed...got on my cousins new ninja. had about 14 people staring at me. got extremely paranoid, cause the weed was potent :p wrecked his bike into my truck. real talk...don't ride when ya smoke to much of that good shit :cool:

no worries brotha, i never would but seeing that I hardly even drink there shouldn't be a problem.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no idea what i'm looking at, but congrats on the new purchase!!! Looks fantastic!

Tally_4.6

Reaction score

Haha

yzfr6i

Reaction score
Congrats on the bike. That's the first 675 I've seen in that color, and it looks sick! Two of my buddies use 675s on the track (both red), and they handle amazing. The Triumph triples are great engines; the torque of a V-twin, top end of an inline 4, and they don't engine break real hard like the twins.

All I'll say about safety is: Wear the best gear you can afford. And just because a company has a big name (and logo) doesn't mean they make good gear. There's one out there that used to be great, but their quality has really gone down hill.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Congrats on the bike. That's the first 675 I've seen in that color, and it looks sick! Two of my buddies use 675s on the track (both red), and they handle amazing. The Triumph triples are great engines; the torque of a V-twin, top end of an inline 4, and they don't engine break real hard like the twins.

All I'll say about safety is: Wear the best gear you can afford. And just because a company has a big name (and logo) doesn't mean they make good gear. There's one out there that used to be great, but their quality has really gone down hill.

thanks man i do really dig the color. What brand of gear might you be referring to? I hope it's not the brand of helmet i just bought lol

yzfr6i

Reaction score
thanks man i do really dig the color. What brand of gear might you be referring to? I hope it's not the brand of helmet i just bought lol

Helmets are regulated by DOT and Snell standards, so you don't have to worry. Mostly with helmets the price difference comes from (1) How much it weighs, (2) How well it flows air, (3) How quiet it is, and lastly the brand and if it's a rider replica helmet. As long as it fits properly you're good.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ended up with a Shoei RF-1100 Chroma on clearance since the RF-1200 just came out. I got some inexpensive Icon gloves and bought a cheap textile jacket off craigslist to tide me over for the rest of this year. I'm planning on buying something that fits me better next year.

Pic from this past Saturday, the weather was perfect for riding!

10628568_10203781813340135_7298142390082095349_n.jpg

Handz

Reaction score
I have a Shoei RF1100 helmet too. Fits my head better than the RF1200.

I have all Dainese gear. Dainese gear is top of the line italian stuff. The armor in the Dainese gear makes me feel very safe. I have a dainese textile for hot weather and a Dainese perforated leather jacket and leather pants.

My Dainese leather jacket and pants I picked up on craigslist.
Jacket New: $650. Barley used on craigslist: $150

Amazing the deals to be found on gear on craigslist.

DONT GO CHEAP ON YOUR GEAR. I have spent close to as much on gear as I have on my bike itself.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have some Dainese pants i'm actually selling at the moment lol. ^ That brand is definitely up there in terms of quality.

Ryan, looks like you had a good time this weekend. Do you have a GoPro by any chance? Would love to see some first person videos from a helmet cam.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dainese huh, never heard of it. How do you pronounce that? I was looking at Alpinestars jackets but I'm not really sure right now what I'll end up with, unfortunately there are many months of snow coming.

I have a Shoei RF1100 helmet too. Fits my head better than the RF1200.

interesting, I would have figured the fit would be about the same. I must say I am finding the RF1100 very comfortable, I wish it had the moisture wicking interior but I won't know how bad it really is until next summer. I have no real basis for comparison but damn this helmet seems loud, I'm probably going to start wearing earplugs especially for trips including highway travel. What's your input on the sound? Sounds like you got a score on your jacket, unfortunately I live in a tiny city so Craigslist isn't great for more random stuff like that.

Ryan, looks like you had a good time this weekend. Do you have a GoPro by any chance? Would love to see some first person videos from a helmet cam.

it was a blast not gonna lie. I actually do have a GoPro but not sure how I'd attach it. My helmet is so purdy I don't wanna stick anything to it lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online