My first attempt at detailing (pics inside)

mct96gt

Reaction score
Alright here we go. The car was in awful shape as you can see from some of the pics. I spent 22 hours doing this, and probably most of the time was trial and error on somethings as this was the first time I had attempted anything like this. These are some of the pics during the process. I have yet to get good pics out in the sunlight of the finished product. Hopefully that will come soon.

What I used:

Paint Correction:
Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo
M105 on CCS Yellow
M205 on CCS White
Meguiar's #7 Glaze on CCS Gray
Meguiar's #26 Wax on CCS Blue

(Probably used all the wrong combo of pads and chemicals but like I said , trial and error)

Wheels:
Wolfgang Tire Gel
DP Wheel Glaze

of3jx1.jpg

o5dllg.jpg

23a1le.jpg

33xeyit.jpg

23i8pdj.jpg

ws7ink.jpg

ilelqe.jpg

2ut40ed.jpg

30utjeu.jpg

hv18o6.jpg

fmncqg.jpg

2rp8rqo.jpg

212e8hc.jpg

346ok8k.jpg

sw7l2g.jpg

142gck6.jpg

zxsdva.jpg

2h51o5s.jpg

rm2w6d.jpg

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Handz Approved!!!

Very Nice job for your first time. Not many people do this good their first time, I know i didnt!!!

Major props for doing it ALL outside.... Thats dedication!!!

Your pad choice were very good. Maybe next time try and add a step where you use 205 on a Blue pad to refine the surface even more. M205 on a blue pad should give a tiny bit of cut to give that extra gloss.

Keep up the great work!!!

OP
OP
M

mct96gt

Reaction score
My original intentions were to add Menzerna PO85RD between the 205 and the glaze. But I basically was taking forever and if I added this step I wouldnt have finished before say 4 am haha. I definitely made an error in judgement and tried to do this all in 1 day. I washed and clayed the first day and did the rest the second. Bad idea haha. But all in all I'm very pleased with the results. Going to hopefully get good pics this weekend.

Btw if i wanted to go back and add that step of the menzerna I could just strip the wax and add that step theoretically right?

OP
OP
M

mct96gt

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am really happy with how it turned out. It definitely didn't get all the spots out, there is a couple very bad water etching spots but it is definitely a huge huge improvement. You guys all helped too with your information on this forum.

I liked the wolfgang gel. It definitely is more of a liquid than a gel and wasnt sure how I would like it as I was putting it on. However, after it dried it looks really good. I also like the DP wheel glaze a lot too.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you own a car and down own a porter Cable, You are a fail.

Serious, everyone needs a porter-cable. It pays for itself in 1 use!!!

OP
OP
M

mct96gt

Reaction score
so yeah if i wanted to add a step of finishing polish after the M205 i could just go and take the wax off and add that step correct? Like if i wanted to use Po85rd in between?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Looks sharp dude. You really did a great job. I have the same combo, and really do not know what pad choices to use, maybe next time around I'll use a yellow pad. Thanks...

Sinned83

Reaction score
You guys can look on the web to see what pads are good for the product your using the real dense pads are for cutting and softer pads are for sealants and waxes.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mct96gt said:
so yeah if i wanted to add a step of finishing polish after the M205 i could just go and take the wax off and add that step correct? Like if i wanted to use Po85rd in between?

If you wanna add another step to enhance the finish, Wait like 2 week this the wax wears off a little. Then Take IPA 1:1 and wipe down the car after a wash, this will remove any wax on the car. Once the wax is off the surface, polish with 85rd then throw another coat of wax on!!!

wytstang

Reaction score
My favorite picture
30utjeu.jpg

The difference between the door and quarter panel is huge. More depth and clarity and just richer in color.
maybe next time around I'll use a yellow pad.
If you haven't tried an orange pad first I would do that. Yellow is pretty aggressive and you want to take the least aggressive process. Some times it takes 2 passes to remove all or nearly all swirls.

OP
OP
M

mct96gt

Reaction score
Yea I did try an orange pad first and it just wasnt producing the results I wanted so I moved to the yellow pad. My original intention was to do another round over the car with 105 and an orange pad. But like i said, i was taking forever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon