My Holley HP EFI installation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty kickass system, the self learning tune would be a huge selling point. So does this mean you can change your HCI setup and the computer will re-tune based on its detections?

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty kickass system, the self learning tune would be a huge selling point. So does this mean you can change your HCI setup and the computer will re-tune based on its detections?

Exactly! I simply have to input certain parameters such as injector size, cubic inches, firing order, etc

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, it's so easy for me to identify links in the first post! I really appreciate that, OP ;)

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
One day when I'm a mod you're gonna remember this day.

Unless, of course the senility has taken over by then..

:evil: until then, PRESTO, post mergo-o - white95

EDIT EDIT
Touché
-Elrod

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Exactly! I simply have to input certain parameters such as injector size, cubic inches, firing order, etc

Nice! So it sounds like you would only really need a dyno tune to squeeze the extra horses out of it. That's an awesome idea for having a reliable car immediately after a significant mod. Sounds expensive but I'm sure it'll be worth it after changing a setup one time

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like a super cool piece. Any reason you went with the universal v8 kit rather then the ford v8 kit?

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
looks like a super cool piece. Any reason you went with the universal v8 kit rather then the ford v8 kit?

Simple, since I was going to modify some of the sensor locations Holley techs suggested I use the universal kit

at what part of the car do you need the wire and how much current is needed? Inside/outside/drivers/pass?

I need one for the ecu, passenger-side dash board; looking up the current draw spec .. One moment

Holley "Technical" Manual said:
Should be connected to a clean +12 volt power source. Power source should only be active when the ignition is on. Make sure source has power when engine is cranking as well. Not all sources apply power when the ignition switch is in “cranking” position.
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
do you keep the stock ecu in place or does this replace it completely? If it replaces the ecu then I will find the stock ecu wire and you can probably use that wire otherwise you would be better off running a new power wire to the battery or a power point under the hood like the alternator lug/fuse box. Be sure to fuse it as close to the source but its strange it doesn't give a current rating so you know what size wire to run ecu?. If not then see what size the power wire is on the ecu and we will go from there to figure out a fuse rating

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
do you keep the stock ecu in place or does this replace it completely? If it replaces the ecu then I will find the stock ecu wire and you can probably use that wire otherwise you would be better off running a new power wire to the battery or a power point under the hood like the alternator lug/fuse box. Be sure to fuse it as close to the source but its strange it doesn't give a current rating so you know what size wire to run ecu?. If not then see what size the power wire is on the ecu and we will go from there to figure out a fuse rating

This replaces the Ford stuff completely. I'm not sure about the CCRM at the moment.

main%20harness_zpsqisnvv8j.jpg

The 14ga main power harness does connect directly to the battery and has a 40A fuss. There is a separate, 18ga wire that provides power to the ignition harness

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
40 amps will be too much to tag onto another circuit imo it needs to go the battery/fusebox/alt power hook up - any of these would work and do what you like best. The smaller 18 gauge I would go to the stock ecu power wire. Is this in the 95 or 98 listed in your sig?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yup, get your ecu power from the same spot the stock ecu did. Thats how I ran my megasquirt. I also built a relay box to take place of the ccrm though. I pretty much told my car to do what I wanted it too.

Side note, this is awesome. I had no idea you took this plunge already. Whats the status on the top end kit, will the ecu be finished before that install or is all going in at the same time?

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
40 amps will be too much to tag onto another circuit imo it needs to go the battery/fusebox/alt power hook up - any of these would work and do what you like best. The smaller 18 gauge I would go to the stock ecu power wire. Is this in the 95 or 98 listed in your sig?

The '95..

Yup, get your ecu power from the same spot the stock ecu did. Thats how I ran my megasquirt. I also built a relay box to take place of the ccrm though. I pretty much told my car to do what I wanted it too.

Side note, this is awesome. I had no idea you took this plunge already. Whats the status on the top end kit, will the ecu be finished before that install or is all going in at the same time?

What can I say? All or nothing right?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
is the ecu power wire the only one you need out of that harness? I would imagine you would need a few there so here is the pic from my 1994 mustang bible. Hopefully all the colors match up if not the harness location should. Any other harnesses you need? CCRM?

IMG_20160909_135654.jpg

You bastart you got me lining up some stuff to sell to raise the cash for this. The gauge screen and the the tach leds gave me wood....

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
is the ecu power wire the only one you need out of that harness? I would imagine you would need a few there so here is the pic from my 1994 mustang bible. Hopefully all the colors match up if not the harness location should. Any other harnesses you need? CCRM?

IMG_20160909_135654.jpg

You bastart you got me lining up some stuff to sell to raise the cash for this. The gauge screen and the the tach leds gave me wood....

Everything attached to the Ecu harness is coming out, in fact, it's out now. The CCRM is history. Thanks for the reference material, do you have the same for the connectors at the ecu?

Also, you are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online