My home crafted Monster Energy Helmet.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I needed a new Snell standard helmet for the track b/c my current one's safety certification had expired. Did not want to spend a lot and did not need anything over the top since it is just for the drag strip but I wanted it to look nice to. I always like the Monster Energy helmets but they were way out of my price range so I made my own. I wrote to Monster Energy and got a free sticker sheet and slapped some decals on this morn. I have one more decal that I am going to order and I'll place that one where the jaw line would be on the helmet.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Energ...=UTF8&colid=2V9IO9TZND58&coliid=I6RBXYYS0GZZX

BEFORE

AFTER

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thought about using the revers of what is left over with the decal as a mask to paint those same shapes on? Looks good but it also looks like a sticker. Using the other half of the decals to paint it would not be that hard and look better as well as be easy too do on the flat black.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I could have gotten more creative and done something like that but if it holds up great, if not then I'm not really out any money. I got the helmet at a local motorsports dealership. I was going to buy it online for $120 but I wanted it for the track tomorrow so I went there and got it for $134 then came to realize the track is closed for NHRA prep for this weekend. Oh well lost a few bucks on that deal I guess.

Shannon

Reaction score
I could have gotten more creative and done something like that but if it holds up great, if not then I'm not really out any money. I got the helmet at a local motorsports dealership. I was going to buy it online for $120 but I wanted it for the track tomorrow so I went there and got it for $134 then came to realize the track is closed for NHRA prep for this weekend. Oh well lost a few bucks on that deal I guess.

Cool thank you!

chris91

Reaction score
Neat. When you say you wrote to them, whatd you say? "Im dying from Kidney Failure from your drinks and my final wish is to have some Monster stickers to affix to my coffin." ??? lol jk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thats usually the Karma I get

Bought my dad a Sirius radio for his car to replace the one that went bad. Thought I found a good deal on it for $40. Get it installed, call to transfer the service/activate it and while we are waiting the guy tells me that if I want he can sell me the same radio for only $5 with an agreement for service...... Really?!

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
But on the plus side I did find the Blu Ray 3D surround sound system that I want for $100 cheaper then at Amazon on another site.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Neat. When you say you wrote to them, whatd you say? "Im dying from Kidney Failure from your drinks and my final wish is to have some Monster stickers to affix to my coffin." ??? lol jk

I just wrote and said how I like their drinks and I was planning on making my own Monster Energy helmet and asked if I could get a decal sheet and they sent me out a sheet. Only one little lie I dont drink any energy drinks lol

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you don't drink their stuff, why put it on? just curious.

I've wondered this too. There's a ton of hillbillies that come in to work with S10s and rusted up shit trucks with great big "M" logos in their back windows. I'm not trying to be a douche, but I don't understand the point of sticking Monster Energy logos all over everything, especially if they're not endorsing you and you're not getting any money for advertising their product. Can somebody fill me in?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah. I'm not trying to be a douche either. Lol. you can do whatever ya want to your stuff, it doesn't matter to me. just curious why a company logo you're not affiliated with...

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I could understand if folks put logos on their gear of parts suppliers, manufacturers, like "ford" "stp" "jegs" "moroso" etc etc etc... I just don't get the whole "monster" thing and why it's so popular. What significance does it have?

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I just like how it looks. I have a ton of decals from parts companys of stuff thats actually on my Cobra but I wouldnt put them on a helmet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online