My new toy :)

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
Nice, what are the plans?

thinking I'm going to paint it satin black, lower it and do some engine work. It already has a small cam but I think I want to go with the B303 and do msd ignition system. just for starters.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Pretty good idea! The wheels do look great and dropping it a little will set it all off. Do you know if rear gears have been changed?

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
Pretty good idea! The wheels do look great and dropping it a little will set it all off. Do you know if rear gears have been changed?

As far as I know the rear end is still stock, I plan on out in 4.10s and a mini spool.

kb1982

Reaction score
I would skip the ignition system and use the money saved elsewhere.

punched281

Reaction score
If its already got a small cam, I wouldn't got with a b cam. Its pretty mild as well. F-Cam!!

Trick flows are sweet! And maybe look for some aluminum heads??

I know most hate on procomp, but I've been around a few cars with them on and they run stellar!

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
If its already got a small cam, I wouldn't got with a b cam. Its pretty mild as well. F-Cam!!

Trick flows are sweet! And maybe look for some aluminum heads??

I know most hate on procomp, but I've been around a few cars with them on and they run stellar!

does the F-cam require valve spring upgrades? I know im putting 1.6 rockers in it either way.

punched281

Reaction score
does the F-cam require valve spring upgrades? I know im putting 1.6 rockers in it either way.

When I did it, we bought the procomp heads with all the goodies on there. I'm not sure its required but probably a good idea while you're in there.

kb1982

Reaction score
The best bang for the buck would be swapping over a set of gt40 heads and intake. If you scour around the web, there are also quite a few used aftermarket heads like TF and AFR that can be had for a reasonable price. With the gt40 setup, you should install different valve springs. As for the intake, i wouldnt mess with just it by itself. No point in having an intake that will outflow your heads. As for intakes, you can also find alot of them for sale used also. When the guys sell of their smaller TF and AFR heads, they usually upgrade the intake as well. You can usually save around 250 dollars by buying the aftermarket intakes used.

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
going to start a build thread here soon, I've got the motor almost out just the bell housing bolts and the motor mounts to loosen and shes out. will take some pics along the way. tax money is on its way and its time to do some work. keep a look out for my build thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online