my slammed and flush mustang

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
personally, i bleed ford blue. if someone likes a honda, i dont bash them...online. i will agree the s2000 is a better of the honda assortment. im not going to feed into though.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
personally, i bleed ford blue. if someone likes a honda, i dont bash them...online. i will agree the s2000 is a better of the honda assortment. im not going to feed into though.

The dude arguing doesn't even have a Honda..... lol. He's a tool. I love the s2000 but its also rwd and has a little power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm done being nice boosted93 ur car looks like a stock douche bag

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

i hope you're not referring to his signature, cause i just made him that shit today!!

poker-face-meme.jpg

Ian

Reaction score
Lets bust some Honda myths over here!!!!!

How about the one that it is cheaper to make Hondas fast!

"High tech" Honda engine VS. "Low Tech" American V8

A lot of Honda enthusiasts say it is easy to build a 500 HP Honda engine. Sure it is if you have enough money! Buth then with enough money, you could make a lawn tractor outrun a top fueler. The April 1998 issue of Hot Rod magazine featured 2 engine buildup stories: one a "high tech" turbo Honda engine built by JG Engine Dynamics, and an "old tech" Buick 455 V8. Hot Rod, unlike most "sport compact car" magazines, gets into the details of the engines in featured cars and the costs to build. Both made 500 horsepower, but the Honda cost almost 3 times what the Buick cost . Basically, they threw away the bottom end of the Honda, since in stock form the Honda cannot withstand the pressures of making 500 HP. They basically rebuilt the block with ductile iron cylinder sleeves and closed the open block deck by welding in a deck plate.The pistons and rods were replaced with expensive aftermarket pieces.
The "low tech" Buick used nearly all stock parts with the exception of ported stock heads, an aftermarket cam, aluminum intake manifold and headers. The Buick's short block uses a stock rods,crank, and block. It will make 500 HP using ordinary premium pump gas, while the Honda needs expensive racing gas to make the full 500 hp.
The Buick engine was installed in a large 3950 lb. Buick GS and ran the quarter mile in 11.59 secs. It would be much quicker if the engine was put in a lighter car, like a Nova, Skylark, or Ventura. According to JG Engine Dynamics, their Honda engines usually run low 11sec. - quarter-miles in a 2500 lb.Civic.
Keep in mind that the Buick 455 is not even a popular engine to modify; parts for Buick engines are more expensive than more common Chevys. But for the same price as ONE high-strung, grenade-waiting- to-detonate Honda engine, TWO mild, more durable "old tech" Buick V8s could be built with money left over. In fact, you could build the Buick engine and pick up a fairly nice car to put the Buick engine in for less than the cost of the Honda engine alone!
So unless you have a rich mommy and daddy, or don't mind maxing out your credit cards or taking out a 2nd mortgage, Hondas engines are not great to modify for drag racing if you want to go fast for a reasonable amount of money
MakeBuick 455
home built
Honda 1.8 VTEC
JG Engine Dynamics
custom built
Output500 HP500 HP (33 lbs boost)
COST$3,926(US)$10,500(US)
Fuel Required92 octane pump gas118 octane racing gas
BlockStock Buick,
.038 overbore
cleaned;new core plugs
Highly modified Honda: welded in aluminum top block deck
to prevent stock floating cylinder sleeves from breaking;
ductile iron cylinder sleeves replace stock aluminum
PistonsCast Aluminum JE .38 overForged Arias
Connecting Rodsstock BuickHD Crower aftermarket
RingsChrysler 440N/S
Head(s)Greg Gesler Level 2 ported BuickHonda w/1.35" intake valves
replacing stock 1.29
CrankshaftStock Buick, .010 underN/S
Camshaft(s)Lunati 241-241 "Hemi Killer"Radical JG Engine Dynamics Custom Grind
InductionNormally Aspirated:
Edelbrock Performer Aluminium manifold;
Stock GM Quadrajet 4bbl
Forced Induction:
XS Engineering turbocharger;
air to air intercooler; 92 lb/hr injectors; Aftermarket ACCEL DFI system with General Motors MAP sensor
IgnitionStock Buick HEI ignitioncontrolled by Aftermarket ACCEL DFI system
Exhaust1 7/8" TA Performance HeadersN/S

N/S= not specified

Cliff notes: It cost 1/3 of the money to make 500 hp on the american v8 and it made the 500 hp on PUMP GAS. The honda needed 118 octane race gas to even make 500 hp...the thing would probably make 400 hp on pump gas and im sure the american v8 has a far better power and torque curver as well.

I have no clue where you are getting these prices from... a built 10 sec honda (1200 for the bottom end, 100 for stock type R cams, 1200 turbo set up, 200 management, 300 for a clutch) then minor suspension mods plus slicks... total is still wayyyy cheaper than what you are quoting...

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Damn, this pissing contest is in overtime, lol, I love it....please continue on, and that $10,000 total may have shop labor hours in it seeing how it was built at a shop. Trust me, it wouldn't take $10k to build a nice quick honda, my friend have an LS/vtec motor with boost and makes 375whp and runs low
-11s. Is it the most amazing car? No, it sucks ass on the autocross course and understeers like a bitch, but is it fun? Yes, is it what he wanted, yes? Does he swing from vtac nuts? No, because there will always be somebody faster......../pissing contest.

mustangspartan

Reaction score
Ok this thread is just getting wacked from the original posting. IF you all want to talk about your rice and what not go to a different section post the topic invite who your battleing and if we wish to partake in it then we shall. I find this to be a total disrespect for someone posting up their car showing what they have done and nothing but a A.D.D. contest is filled in this thread. The guys got a sweet car IMO.. Some people say no. Guess what, that is your opinion also and its noted. Mustangs and cars are about expressions of ones character in many ways.. Give the guy some credit and a little feedback and encourage others to be productive.

Ok back to the subject... I like how the Bullits look its still a little too low for me i would be afraid of my roads around here killing my car but if i lived somewhere were it didnt matter then hells yeah.. I wonder how close you are from the ground compaired to a lambo or veyron. Good job again and i hope to see more coming from you..

boosted93

Reaction score
The dude arguing doesn't even have a Honda..... lol. He's a tool. I love the s2000 but its also rwd and has a little power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I own a mustang jackass why do you think im on this site?? I just hate when dumb fucks like you run your mouth about something you know NOTHING about(hondas incase you missed that).. Justin your not cool.. just incase nobody has told you??

boosted93

Reaction score
Says the dude with the ugly yellow mustang SMH! My car is far from stock, the pic is just old but i really dig the picture! You really could of came up with something better then that ketchup

boosted93

Reaction score
justin, are you the type of character who argues and has to have the last word in, always be right, talk in 3rd person perspective and talk about everything you own is ZOMG best? if you say no, then thats the impression you give...

if they like hondas, who cares?

Amen.. even before this thread ive always thought justin was a douchbag that thought his poop didnt stink... The sad thing about it is the kid is barley 20!

I dont even like hondas but im not gonna be some douchbag that talks shit about them and fwd's.. its just not my style.. Btw the only honda id want to build is an s2000

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Says the dude with the ugly yellow mustang SMH! My car is far from stock, the pic is just old but i really dig the picture! You really could of came up with something better then that ketchup

His yellow car is currently being built, that picture is old as well. Plus that's not his only car. He's got three and has some serious money in them, just saying.
Also, Justin's car is Moonlight Blue. A very nice color, I know I've owned one.

As for the bickering, I say yall open up a new thread in another section like previously stated.

boosted93

Reaction score
His yellow car is currently being built, that picture is old as well. Plus that's not his only car. He's got three and has some serious money in them, just saying.
Also, Justin's car is Moonlight Blue. A very nice color, I know I've owned one.

As for the bickering, I say yall open up a new thread in another section like previously stated.
The purple was a joke.. Ive heard him tell other people in other threads about the color and have seen other pics of his car..And IMO that front bumper is nasty..

As for the yellow one im not a big fan of yellow but he opened his mouth Soooo i let him know what i thought of his.. Sounds fair dont it??

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
The purple was a joke.. Ive heard him tell other people in other threads about the color and have seen other pics of his car..And IMO that front bumper is nasty..

As for the yellow one im not a big fan of yellow but he opened his mouth Soooo i let him know what i thought of his.. Sounds fair dont it??

Oh ok, I took a little bit of a defensive on that because I've owned a Moonlight Blue GT. One beautiful color IMO.
Yeah he did, I was just saying that the picture you see is old just like the one in your sig is old as you said.

I'm not saying to not keep going back and forth, it's entertaining. Just not meant for this thread and disrespectful to the OP.

boosted93

Reaction score
I have no clue where you are getting these prices from... a built 10 sec honda (1200 for the bottom end, 100 for stock type R cams, 1200 turbo set up, 200 management, 300 for a clutch) then minor suspension mods plus slicks... total is still wayyyy cheaper than what you are quoting...
Tell us more since justin seems to think all hondas are trash...

boosted93

Reaction score
Oh ok, I took a little bit of a defensive on that because I've owned a Moonlight Blue GT. One beautiful color IMO.
Yeah he did, I was just saying that the picture you see is old just like the one in your sig is old as you said.

I'm not saying to not keep going back and forth, it's entertaining. Just not meant for this thread and disrespectful to the OP.
Yeah my girl cousins owned one in high school and i really liked it too.. its not something you see every day but it really does look purple in that pic lol

I dont think the OP cares to much, hes a cool cat.. your replys feed into all of this soooo your not helping much.. Ive tryed to stop relying but he just keeps running his mouth about something he knows NOTHING about

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Your replys feed into all of this soooo your not helping much..

Not really. All I've done is laugh at a few comments and talk to Jason about how I never felt the way he does about Justin. Yes it's filling up the thread with things non-related to the OP's post but it doesn't fuel with yalls argument. Anyways, I guess if no other threads will be made then carry on. I'll sit back and continue to watch and laugh.

Ian

Reaction score
A simple motor swap, LSD trans, motor mounts all into a hatch can get you into the low 12s depending on track prep and conditions.. It is the same as any other vehicle... Power to weight ratio with the right dialed in suspension and tire/tire pressure combo... And I am not even a big Honda person...

As far as the s2000 being a nice car... Sure, slap a turbo on it, swap trans, and swap a regeared rear end and I see one doing 10s

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online