Left my keys in the ignition over night on new years eve. Totally emptied out the battery. Wasnt able to recharge it for a week . Many hours of charging it later, she starts again, but roughly, with metallic sounding bangs from the starter. I believe i damaged the thing trying to start the car without enough battery to fully engage the starter. Should i leave it be, or replace it asap? Im afraid it may damage the flywheel or something else. In other news, my water temp gauge jumps to 235 after only seconds on the road. Thinking the thermostat might have gone.. Gonna troubleshoot that when i get the chance. Update: I decided to let the car heat up to 250ish this morning, and a small amount of steam started coming out of the connection point of the top of my radiator and the same coolant line that the thermostat is in. I took out the thermostat, popped it in a pot of boiling water, and it opened fine. Couldn't find anything wrong with my gauge wiring. That small amount of steam or smoke or whatever it was leads me to believe that the car is heating up to what the gauge says it is. I'm thinking that somehow my coolant isn't circulating. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm not sure what to check out next.