My Successful Terminator swap!!

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
After about a month and a half of working out the details, I finished my Terminator swap! Check it out...

Here is my car and the motor I started with

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0220-1.jpg

and after all the work I ended up with this!

IMG_0479-1.jpg

but its connected to THIS!

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0474-1.jpg

I found this car last month locally on Craigslist, and it instantly got my attention. "38,000 miles, no mods other than exhaust". Before I even called the owner I started asking around at work trying to sell my 97. As much work as I put into my 97 and as nice as it was (I sold it with 40,500 miles), selling it was the only way I could get into the Cobra comfortably. After a few bites I realized things were getting serious, and I called the owner of the Cobra and we arranged a met up. Turns out when he bought the car he was also looking for a low mileage, unmodified, and cared for car. He took great care of it, and it spent most of its time in the garage. After seeing it and going for a drive, I knew I had to have it, it was perfect, and it was white too! (in 04 white was the fewest color after Screaming Yellow and Competition Orange) Well long story short, I found a buyer for my 97 last week, and this past Friday we finished the deal on the Cobra. It is bone stock with the exception of a Bassani X and Borla Stinger exhaust setup. It also came with a Diablo Tuner. The previous owner had plans for a pulley swap, so he bought the tuner, but never got around to the pulley.

I know its not an SN95, but I plan on staying around this forum. I've been here a while and there are some cool people with some really cool cars here. But I do need to find a more Terminator specific place to learn about things though. Any suggestions? I found the SVT Performance one and did a little bit of browsing. Other than the obvious, I've started noticing all the subtle changes in body styles and need to further educate myself now! Anyway, one more pic for good measure.

IMG_0473-1.jpg

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I always thought this forum was 94-98 specific, thats what I mean I guess, lol. I've loved these cars since they first came out. I was 17 then and only dreaming. Its a great feeling knowing my hard work is doing things like this!

dutch

Reaction score
Good man! You've done the right thing! And nothing beats white! SVTperformance is all you need, trust me!

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Grats man. I been hanging out on SVTP since 2005. Its a good site for Terminator owners for sure. Just dont leave us on here all alone =[

Sad to loose another Sn95, but im happy you made the upgrade to that beast!

OP
OP
JiMi_DRiX

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I dont have too many plans for it, its already super clean and has plenty of power. I want to do a few cosmetic things though, Im about to order some sequential tail lights, shorty antenna, black rear bumper letters, and change the stereo. The deck has that dreaded volume knob problem, and I got to keep the custom box from my last car, so I'll upgrade the stereo a bit. I already got a K&N Filter, and since the car came with the Diablo, a pulley change should be in the future :)

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great man! love white, just hate having an O/R mid pipe and having all the black soot on the back bumper! :)
Plans on mods for the terminator? I'm rebuilding mine right now. lol

SVTP is going to be the best place with the most knowledge on these cars!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online