My tourmaline green 95 mustang gt

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Regardless, Ford refers to it that way. Body shops really have very little to do with actual ford, even if they are part of the dealership. Most body shops use 50% aftermarket even though they are part of the ford dealership itself. By ford's definition, it's DFG, by body shops and basic paint shops it may be tourmaline, but regardless, all you have is a DFG mustang.

Secondly, Loose the billet grill and wireloom, otherwise Nice car. It's clean.

thorco3

Reaction score
sleeperstang said:
hey thorco i messaged you a few times thru you tube,lol, also im from north west indiana (crown point) close to gary and chi-town.

I get a lot of hits on that old exhaust vid. Your about as far away as you can be while in the same state though, I'm down in Evansville.

It's kind of a silly argument, but ford has always refered to your paint code (NA) as Deep Forest Green. You can confirm this on numerous sites.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/database2/1995.php

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/statsexplorer.cgi?year=all&f1=clrpaint

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Its DFG, my buddy had things repainted by ford on his, they called it DFG... Just like mine is technically Canary yellow but most shops just use Chrome yellow(well, the non-ford dealer I went to last year did).

mavcobra

Reaction score
my brother has a green 95 gt and ford told him NA was called that tourmaline color, same color as yours sleeperstang. deep forest green is just another name for it they said. very nice color though.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
DFG FTW! Haha...I'm having my spoiler painted right now...paint code NA...I'll ask my body guy what he calls it.

I think ive heard the Tourmaline reference before...but as far as im concerned its deep forrest green, tourmaline sounds gay as hell haha.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well im a painter and both of you are correct. It can go by both names, Deep Forest Green is the more popular and commonly used.

If i remember correctly tourmaline differs very little, not enough to notice by the human eye, but mixing ratios.

OP
OP
S

sleeperstang

Reaction score
tourmaline is a gemstone, they vary in color from watermelon,light blue to dark blue/green. when i was in afghanistan we saw a lot of these in caves and at the bazar(market). as you can see on the sheet above all the paint colors that makes up the color of my car(dark tourmaline metalic) it does have a bit more "sparkle" when in the sunlight. when you look closely you can see little specks of the blue pearl.

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
Dude i also work in body shops and we always just called it DFG cause its easy to say... lol but when new DFG is very nice looking color. and i say keep the grill man

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
sleeperstang said:
tourmaline is a gemstone, they vary in color from watermelon,light blue to dark blue/green. when i was in afghanistan we saw a lot of these in caves and at the bazar(market). as you can see on the sheet above all the paint colors that makes up the color of my car(dark tourmaline metalic) it does have a bit more "sparkle" when in the sunlight. when you look closely you can see little specks of the blue pearl.

wow, now it makes sense why people say my car looks blue certain times of the day...Thanks for the info!!

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
dude jerzey i alwasy thought your car was blue cause of you sig pic. you can hardly tell that its DFG in your sig

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
US Soldier(stang 98) said:
dude jerzey i alwasy thought your car was blue cause of you sig pic. you can hardly tell that its DFG in your sig

Ha thanks! Yeah like when the sun is directly beaming over the car it looks bluish, and at night under halogen lights it look blue as well. Only time it doesn't look blue if the sun isn't out. It just looks really dark green, it makes sense because the sun is reflecting the metallic flake in the paint. Im going to see If I can post some pictures.

mavcobra

Reaction score
when my bro took his car to get painted he went to diferent places for the best price and ford and another place told him it was tourmaline and another bodyshop said dfg. some people say that they are the same color but then some say that dfg dosnt have the metalic bluish look to it like tourmaline, but yet have the same code. I dont know , maybe ford just fucked up, wouldnt be the first time.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
GaryG's Car and my car at the bottom - You can see where it looks blue sometimes because of the metallic flake in the paint

2-15-09pics026.jpg

I was trying to find a pic where the sun is at the right angle to catch the blueish hue on it.

035p.jpg

Mine up top

OP
OP
S

sleeperstang

Reaction score
Looks good jerzeystang, i called a body shop today and aked about the paint code and name, basicly what it comes down to is the paint company. PPG calls it dark tourmaline metalic and dupont might call it dfg, so when its all said and done all DFG mustangs are dark tourmaline metalic and dark tourmaline metalic mustangs are DFG.All depends on what the paint companies want to call it and ford uses PPG and dupont and another.one might sparkle more than the other idk, when mine is in the shade it looks like a really dark green then in the sunlight it really sparkles,and at night almost looks black.

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
my PAC green is the same way man. in the sulight you can tell its PAC green. but at night under the street lights it looks like a super dark green. and yes ford and chevrolet use PPG Piss.Poor.Gloss.......... im a painter and i dont like the way ppg sprays... i use Sikens very good paint and its not cheap. but you are right a one brand will look lil difrent that a nuther. but most of the time you cant tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online

No members online now.