My V6 is totaled *better pics, post 113*

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
well my 98 V6 is totaled. this sucks a*s

both airbags deployed, bumper support crushed in, radiator pierced, tranny cooler pierced, possibly part of front clip/frame is bent. cop ripped out my under dash fusebox to stop my horns.

my car was only worth $1200 according to when it was appraised, it is easily damaged more than that.

0303101259-00.jpg

0303101232-00.jpg

0303101231-01.jpg

0303101231-00.jpg

cops gave me the fault. not surprised.

coming to a stop from 40mph, i was slowing down normally, and around 30mph the car in front of me (who was also stopping normally) and they suddenly went from slowing down to slamming on their brakes and tires squeeling. and boom.

they said that i was the first car to hit, but i believe the car ahead of me rear ended the guy in front of her before i hit anyone

whatever the case, i shouldve "followed at an appropriate distance" nothing i can do about it now

4 cars were involved

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Re: My V6 is totaled :(

looks like my old car when it got wrecked. Yours has a little less damage than mine did, but its pretty much exact. I would have valued my car about the same. Insurance gave me $4500 for it. They also covered the storage fee at the wreck yard, and the paperwork and the fees for the paperwork. This assuming you have full coverage. This is a good time to mention, I love having a $250 deductible...

If you can, I would fight the police report that says it was your fault, if you honestly believe that you weren't at fault. The insurance company determined that I was not at fault in my wreck, due to a blown tire when mine happened. My insurance rates werent even touched. In fact, when I bought the Cobra a week later, my insurance went down.

bottlefed97

Reaction score

Damn Ryan that really sucks... What road did this happen on??

Are you gonna try and repair it?

OP
OP
atlanticblue98

atlanticblue98

Reaction score

ARdoller said:
looks like my old car when it got wrecked. Yours has a little less damage than mine did, but its pretty much exact. I would have valued my car about the same. Insurance gave me $4500 for it. They also covered the storage fee at the wreck yard, and the paperwork and the fees for the paperwork. This assuming you have full coverage. This is a good time to mention, I love having a $250 deductible...

i dont have full coverage

SoTxKnight said:
sorry to hear. atleast you are ok

thanks, im sure i'll feel sore tomorrow, but as of now i feel perfect, physically that is.

bottlefed97 said:
Damn Ryan that really sucks... What road did this happen on??

Are you gonna try and repair it?

it happened on Lake Mary blvd, coming back from SCC, right before Rinehart Rd.

im not fixing it, i need to hear from my parents before i make any decisions. i need to go down and see if i can remove my Audio system

bottlefed97

Reaction score

Ohh so the pics were taken in that little rest area at the intersection.

You're not fixing it because it's too much work/money, or because you want a different car?

I'm really sorry to see your car like this, I know how it feels :sad5:

OP
OP
atlanticblue98

atlanticblue98

Reaction score

bottlefed97 said:

You're not fixing it because it's too much work/money, or because you want a different car?

it's pretty much exactly how yours was.

it would be too much money to fix. its not worth it.

im not sure what to do for a car now. im going to do everything i can to make sure it is another mustang. but who knows, shit happens

bottlefed97

Reaction score

atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:

im not sure what to do for a car now. im going to do everything i can to make sure it is another mustang. but who knows, **** happens

Well I hope you can get another Mustang! Let me know if you need any help with anything!

Your fenders look intact though, that's why I assumed the front frame rails weren't bent over like mine.

got5.0

Reaction score

awe man that sucks dude! 1200 is a joke for that car... sorry to hear it.

OP
OP
atlanticblue98

atlanticblue98

Reaction score

bottlefed97 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:

im not sure what to do for a car now. im going to do everything i can to make sure it is another mustang. but who knows, **** happens

Well I hope you can get another Mustang! Let me know if you need any help with anything!

Your fenders look intact though, that's why I assumed the front frame wasn't bent over like min.

its hard to explain where i think the frame is bent, i'd take a better picture, but im not with the car. if i go down there. i'll snap a pic

bottlefed97

Reaction score

atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:

Your fenders look intact though, that's why I assumed the front frame wasn't bent over like min.

its hard to explain where i think the frame is bent, i'd take a better picture, but im not with the car. if i go down there. i'll snap a pic

I would come help you take the audio system out and anything thing else if I wasn't working and swamped with homework :/

OP
OP
atlanticblue98

atlanticblue98

Reaction score

bottlefed97 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:

I would come help you take the audio system out and anything thing else if I wasn't working and swamped with homework :/

thanks, i got another guy who said he'll help me.

my father called me and said that the body shop is going to let me strip my car out and swap my stock rims back on.

i have basic coverage for my car, so i'll probably just junk it and collect what i can from it

got5.0

Reaction score

another nice sn95 gone... they're goin like flies :(

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

No man, that is not fair at all. You kept that thing in prime shape, AND you just got new wheels :'(. Sad to see a good, supporting member's car see a demise like this. Look to the bright side, a V8 COULD be calling your name :).

got5.0

Reaction score

^+1, but we're running out of sn95's lol

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

bottlefed97 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
bottlefed97 said:

um, if he's looking to get something from the insurance company for it, he cant take anything off the car. Once mine was wrecked, and I determined I wanted the insurance company to appraise it and give me what its worth, the only thing I was allowed to take off the car was the license plate. Its either all or nothing. You either take the whole car or the insurance check.

If the insurance isnt covering the car, then he's stuck with the car either way, and has to sell it or take it to the junkyard. In that case, I would part it out if he doesnt mind it sitting on his property until he gets out of it what he thinks its worth.

I wouldnt send the entire car to the junkyard if the insurance company isnt giving you a check for it.

Another possibility, is to go after the insurance company of the person you hit, and claim that she abruptly stopped without notice, even with you traveling a safe-enough distance away. You could be half a football field's distance away from the next car, and they'd still say you werent driving a safe enough distance from the person in front of you, if you hit them in a rear-end collision. It's worth a shot.