N2MB WOT BOX

J_lope82

Reaction score
I installed a n2mb wot box on my 96 GT and it doesn’t always work. I have to lower the TPS thresh hold down to 1.6 for it to always work. But it’s activating on normal driving on take off. Do you all know how I can fix this issue? I tried raising it up to 2.0 but it doesn’t always work. TIA

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I thought the wide open throttle boxes were ment for electronic motorized throttle bodies. Unlike our direct mechanical cable throttle bodies.

The motorized throttle bodies dont open like a mechanical one does. Mechanical is direct to the foot where as motorized is controlled by the computer to be at the best optimized position for torqued output. Even if your foot mats the pedal to the floor, the throttle body isnt necessarily wide open, but is at the optimal position to keep a balance of low rpm engine vacuum and the power demands you are asking from it, which in return keeps torque strong as rpm's climb. A mechanical throttle body opens wide killing engine vacuum and torque together untill the higher rpm's

If you want more of a tip in throttle response, a good tune is what you want.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
The wot box does two things.

1) limits rpms when you have the clutch pedal down when launching. Sort of a diy launch control.

2) limits rpms in between gear shifts. That’s is for smoother shifting and reduce the stress on the transmission. Reduces the time in between shifts-faster ETs.

They are not for electronic drive by wire throttle. Most drive by wire cars have this feature built in or you can adjust with a tune.
They are actually more for mechanical throttle.

The problem with mine is that it only works when I drop down the throttle position sensor thresh hold setting really low. If I go higher sometimes it will work sometimes it doesn’t. I lower back down and its too sensitive so it wants to activate on normal driving take off and it’s like having a misfire.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Are you mashing the throttle? It can be a bit intimidating at first

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
It cuts the ignition. You hook it up in series to the circuit that goes from the pcm to the coil packs.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
On different wires It also ties in to the throttle position sensor voltage feedback and the clutch switch so it reads those signals and knows when to cut the ignition.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
You slam the clutch pedal down and the throttle to the floor at the same time and the car goes bra bra bra bra bra bra bra.

I don’t race that much but what I’m really trying to do is shoot flames.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yup...stock modulars dont like rev limiters. The rpm the cams and chains run up to and then to be disrupted. The hammering inertia kills stock chain tentioners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online