need a radiator

gt96stang

Reaction score
Alright, I've went through 3 different stock replacement radiators and they've all taken a crap on me... And now I'm done with them and looking for an upgrade... It's for the 96, so maybe also upgrading to the better fan system as well..

Come on you guys and point me in the right direction.. I'm ready to order parts today..

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=12356.0

I got mine from Americanmuscle.com for 199 shipped. Had it installed for over a month and it has been working flawlessly. There is some fabbing to get it to work with the 96 as the one I ordered was for a 97-up GT. Easy install and I now can run my AC in 95+ degree heat without having to stop and let the car cool off.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
what all little fabbing did you have to do it make it work?

jfor441 said:
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=12356.0

I got mine from Americanmuscle.com for 199 shipped. Had it installed for over a month and it has been working flawlessly. There is some fabbing to get it to work with the 96 as the one I ordered was for a 97-up GT. Easy install and I now can run my AC in 95+ degree heat without having to stop and let the car cool off.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
On the bottom where there are two extensions that fit into the holes, the one that is on the driver side had to be cut off. Also, the top radiator mounts had to be modified to hold the radiator down. Super easy to do.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
Well, I'm definitely looking into that one since I looked at fluidyne and they want more for the same 2 row rad..

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
Well, I'm definitely looking into that one since I looked at fluidyne and they want more for the same 2 row rad..

Only reason I went with this one is it was only a few bucks more than a stock replacement. If I had had the money I would have bought a fluidyne, BUT, my money right now is going towards the motor sitting on an engine stand LOL

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
gt96stang said:

Only reason I went with this one is it was only a few bucks more than a stock replacement. If I had had the money I would have bought a fluidyne, BUT, my money right now is going towards the motor sitting on an engine stand LOL

ha, that's my dilemma, I can really get either one... But they seem to be the same, but I've known fluidyne to be around and havn't really heard much about mishimoto. sooo, it's a tough decision..

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
jfor441 said:
gt96stang said:

ha, that's my dilemma, I can really get either one... But they seem to be the same, but I've known fluidyne to be around and havn't really heard much about mishimoto. sooo, it's a tough decision..

Fluidyne's name is definitely better... But for the price I got a hell of a deal. I honestly was hoping the stock radiator would last me until i was ready to get my motor in but it started leaking fluid and I didn't wanna be stuck on the side of the road ya know. Also, i figured if something does happen with this radiator at least it is all aluminum and can be repaired. I also recently put a 180 degree thermostat in and my car stays nice and cool now.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
gt96stang said:
jfor441 said:
gt96stang said:

Fluidyne's name is definitely better... But for the price I got a hell of a deal. I honestly was hoping the stock radiator would last me until i was ready to get my motor in but it started leaking fluid and I didn't wanna be stuck on the side of the road ya know. Also, i figured if something does happen with this radiator at least it is all aluminum and can be repaired. I also recently put a 180 degree thermostat in and my car stays nice and cool now.

Yeah, I've already got the 180 tstat in there... And the cheapest I've found the fluidyne is $400 shipped, which I might go with... And yes, I know all about these damn stock replacement rads giving out... This one almost lasted 2 years in the car... I can't understand why they're such pieces of crap.. all that plastic just sucks..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up my Fluidyne for just under $400 shipped on ebay, they are alittle cheaper for 5 sp...well worth the money but i am interested in how that knock off version does over time for half price.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I picked up my Fluidyne for just under $400 shipped on ebay, they are alittle cheaper for 5 sp...well worth the money but i am interested in how that knock off version does over time for half price.

Yeah, I've got a 5spd... forgot to mention that... But I haven't really seen it any cheaper than that.. $383 after shipping on ebay..

Do you still remember the vendor you got it from by any chance...
This is the one I'm looking at now..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLUI...009QQitemZ190133671696QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
DropTopPony said:

Yeah, I've got a 5spd... forgot to mention that... But I haven't really seen it any cheaper than that.. $383 after shipping on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLUI...009QQitemZ190133671696QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Thats who i bought mine from, but mine was about $20 more for the auto.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
gt96stang said:
DropTopPony said:

Thats who i bought mine from, but mine was about $20 more for the auto.

Well, that's what I wanted to know... Ordering one right now.. Thanks to the both of you two for all the help...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Anytime man! And DTP... so far so good! I have about 2000 miles on it so far and I had forgotten how cold the AC blows HAHA... Also, I have noticed that my car doesn't ping when getting on it, which tells me that it is doing its job by keeping my motor cool. The real test will be when the new motor goes in with higher compression how well it still cools ya know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.