Need some suggestions

d.garza18

Reaction score
I have a 96gt sitting on stock suspension. I want the car to have a mean aggressive look to it with big tires in the back. Any suggestions on achieving this look?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You can redneck fund the idea or seriously put some coin to it.

Redneck way
Cut the springs and use a wood bat to roll the fenders wider for the meaty tires.

Budget
Buy lowering springs and shocks then use a fender roller.

Big money
Airbag set up, roll fenders.... $$$$

95opal

Reaction score
You can redneck fund the idea or seriously put some coin to it.

Redneck way
Cut the springs and use a wood bat to roll the fenders wider for the meaty tires.

Budget
Buy lowering springs and shocks then use a fender roller.

Big money
minitub,,inward mounted coil overs or bags,,, narrowed rear...$$$$$

Fixed it for ya lol

95opal

Reaction score
Speak of the custom devil........... lol

Rich you gonna work on your car any this year??? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes sir.. just finished all the trunk fabrication that needed to be done. sent all that off for custom covering before I left for the winter. Main thing left is interior fabrication which is about 70% complete. First priority will be to finish up the center console that Ive been working on. After that its just pulling the dash and sending it all out for covering. I do have a small punch list of little things to tidy up but other than the center console Im pretty much done with the time consuming stuff. Going to try like hell to have it up and running for MW this year. I wont take down it unless I can get in and cruise it down at MW. We will see how things go but the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yes sir.. just finished all the trunk fabrication that needed to be done. sent all that off for custom covering before I left for the winter. Main thing left is interior fabrication which is about 70% complete. First priority will be to finish up the center console that Ive been working on. After that its just pulling the dash and sending it all out for covering. I do have a small punch list of little things to tidy up but other than the center console Im pretty much done with the time consuming stuff. Going to try like hell to have it up and running for MW this year. I wont take down it unless I can get in and cruise it down at MW. We will see how things go but the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

All this and no thread updates?????

Mr Mysterious as always!!! :)
Looking forward to seeing the final product!!

95opal

Reaction score
All this and no thread updates?????

Mr Mysterious as always!!! :)
Looking forward to seeing the final product!!

haha pretty much threw in the towel on the build thread after the photobucket crap.... pretty much just throw pics up now and then on ig but as always I never let any of the good stuff leak to the general public lol

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
I would love to keep it on a budget. Do wanna do the springs shocks and struts for sure, what's the biggest drag radial I can fit in the rear without rolling out the fender?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I would love to keep it on a budget. Do wanna do the springs shocks and struts for sure, what's the biggest drag radial I can fit in the rear without rolling out the fender?

You can fit a big ass dr in the rear without rolling fenders as long as you don't mind 19 inches of wheel gap :thumbsdown:

Roll the rear fenders...it's super easy and affordable. Plenty of useful videos on youtube and do not use a bat or phone book lol. I think I paid $69 for my fender roller and have let several buddies use it at $20 a pop :p

Then feel free to slam it on some 315's

95opal

Reaction score
You can fit a big ass dr in the rear without rolling fenders as long as you don't mind 19 inches of wheel gap :thumbsdown:

Roll the rear fenders...it's super easy and affordable. Plenty of useful videos on youtube and do not use a bat or phone book lol. I think I paid $69 for my fender roller and have let several buddies use it at $20 a pop :p

Then feel free to slam it on some 315's

What do you mean no Louisville slugger...thats how we do it over in Queens lol. Honestly a grinder and bfh works wonders also

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean no Louisville slugger...thats how we do it over in Queens lol. Honestly a grinder and bfh works wonders also

I used a jigsaw and pliers on my vert :laughing5: It worked too. But not as easy as a fender roller lol

95opal

Reaction score
I used a jigsaw and pliers on my vert :laughing5: It worked too. But not as easy as a fender roller lol

My question is why use anything but the correct tool for the job lol. Fender rollers are fairly cheap to buy and plenty of guys are renting them out. You forgot one key item....heat gun.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Thanks! I've looked into some and figured I might as well buy one. Looking forward to it thanks!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score

you can fit a 315 without rolling the fender depending on the wheel you get, meaning the backspace on the wheel and size.

Mustanger

Reaction score
The Eibach Pro Kit Plus... springs, both roll bars, shocks & struts give a pretty nice stance. About 1.5" drop all around less than $1000 new.. or you can choose the sport springs & drop 2"....I have 315's on the back on 17" rims... no issues & did not roll the fenders. I would go Koni shocks & Struts or Bilsteins if the budget stretches...my Eibachs are still fine but the new Konis are better of course!

IMG_8827.jpg

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
watch craigslist for some springs. and for a budget, the Koni SRT's are a good option for shocks and struts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online