Need this old gas out! HELP!

1996GTKB

Reaction score
Hey everyone, haven't been on in quite a while do to my life being crazy lately. Hope everyone is well.
Here is the issue, I started the car and drove it for the first time since winter YAY but, it is stuttering and bogging badly. :undecided: I think it's bad gas, it's been in there about a year probably, hardly drove it last year.
I just went to siphon it out of the tank and found out the hard way that the filler neck is siphon proof.
whats the easiest way to fix this without dropping the tank?

Thanks,

p.s. I looked for this in the search bar and couldn't seem to find anything.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
lwarrior1016 taught me this one.

Get into the trunk an find the inertia switch. This switch is inline of the fuel pumps power source. Unplug the switch, find the pumps power wire by taking a 12v power source thats grounded to the chassis and touching the power terminal.

Up front, disconnect the fuel supply line to the fuel rail. Slip a long hose over the line. This way it will dump fuel into a container.

Go back to the trunk, hot wire the pump.

Reaction score
lwarrior1016 taught me this one.

Get into the trunk an find the inertia switch. This switch is inline of the fuel pumps power source. Unplug the switch, find the pumps power wire by taking a 12v power source thats grounded to the chassis and touching the power terminal.

Up front, disconnect the fuel supply line to the fuel rail. Slip a long hose over the line. This way it will dump fuel into a container.

Go back to the trunk, hot wire the pump.

#macgyverstatus

Mustanger

Reaction score
Touch a grounded wire to the inertia switch plug wires until you get a spark & that is the 12 volt hot wire?? Won't that blow the fuse? How about just using a voltmeter from ground to the wires to find it?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No no, he is saying you run a hot wire to the inertia switch, as well as a good ground, and let the pump run. In theory, couldn't you just unhook the fuel line and flip the key to the on position to do the same thing though?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
No no, he is saying you run a hot wire to the inertia switch, as well as a good ground, and let the pump run. In theory, couldn't you just unhook the fuel line and flip the key to the on position to do the same thing though?

The pump only primes for a few seconds until you crank it. I know [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] had some pictures to illustrate what he said, if not I will post them in a minute.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, I thought it would continue until it felt the fuel lines up to normal pressure. But I understood how to jump it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online