New Daily Driver

Whistler98

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've posted and I've gotten a new dd/ project. I was on my way to work prior to thanksgiving and a tri axle had dropped huge r-4 sized rocks all over the interstate bridge and i hit two with my focus. The second one took out the radiator and oil pan and put the focus out of commission. Went to Georgia to visit the wifes family for thanksgiving and after realizing that the older vehicles are pretty rust free down there I hit graigslist and found a solid 1989 Gt. She needs some tlc paint wise, but runs great. I have always wanted a fox and plan on keeping this project simple well maybe lol. While this will slow the progress/ plans for the 98, I won't feel rushed and will be able to take my time and get it right. I already got new headlights for it, I had to drill holes in the passenger one to drain the water enough to get it home. She made it all the way home to PA.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
She saw salt on the drive back and haven't driven it too much to the the horrible winter weather this year. I can't wait until spring. I have been gathering parts for a five lug swap and I'm not sure what I'm going to due with the paint. I've tossed around the idea of wrapping the car myself or maybe just leaving it alone. Put some wax on it by hand.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Nice long road trip for a new Stang, Good luck with the new project!

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Fox Mustangs always remind me of high school, such nice memories. Let's see how long the "simple project" concept lasts :grin:

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great fox! I love the turbine wheels and cheese grater tails. (not joking. I'm the only person on the planet who does. lol)

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
great fox! I love the turbine wheels and cheese grater tails. (not joking. I'm the only person on the planet who does. lol)

The cheese graters are already gone lol. And the turbines replacements are in the basement. I love what they represent just don't love them enough to leave them on the car. The turbines are awesome for hanging on the wall for rolling up hoses.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Gaaawsh I want me a fox... And I do kinda like the cheese graters myself.

As for the paint, I would try to buff it back to life a little. You may be able to pull some life out of it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The cheese graters are already gone lol. And the turbines replacements are in the basement. I love what they represent just don't love them enough to leave them on the car. The turbines are awesome for hanging on the wall for rolling up hoses.

the only wheel i saw that i liked more on a fox was a turbine knock-off. LOL.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
Gaaawsh I want me a fox... And I do kinda like the cheese graters myself.

As for the paint, I would try to buff it back to life a little. You may be able to pull some life out of it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

i started to just wax by hand and it looks pretty good already.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
I got 21 mpg with it lol. The 2.73 rear gears have got to go. Gonna put 3.73's in when I do the 5 lug swap.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Very nice. I miss my fox so if you get attached do whatever you can to keep this one around. It appears to be in good shape which is becoming increasingly difficult to score.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
Very nice. I miss my fox so if you get attached do whatever you can to keep this one around. It appears to be in good shape which is becoming increasingly difficult to score.

I plan on having it for awhile. I love how simple these foxes are.

OP
OP
Whistler98

Whistler98

Reaction score
Made some progress on the fox. Lowered, new struts strange 10 way adjustable rears, full 5 lug conversion, new wheels, slotted front rotors with 99 up calipers, and went from 2.73's to 3.73's. After the springs settled I had to roll the rear fender lip. The Eastwood tool made it easy, it was the first time I had ever rolled any fenders. I recommended that tool to anyone needing theirs done.

URL=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/Whistler98/media/fox_zpsa9a1a382.jpg.html]
fox_zpsa9a1a382.jpg
[/URL]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online