New DS install ??

A_+

Reaction score
Quick question(s)
When installing a new driveshaft, do you just slide it in and bolt it up? Do I remove the dog bone?
Thanks!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Quick question(s)
When installing a new driveshaft, do you just slide it in and bolt it up? Do I remove the dog bone?
Thanks!
Removing the dog bone is up to you. Otherwise, bolt it in and roll. If you get and kid of vibration, unbolt the driveshaft and rotate 90° then bolt it back up and try again.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. I removed it recently thinking it would fix my vibration issues and it did but now it sounds like I’m getting some vibration closer to the shifter now. Im wondering if driving around with a bad dog bone for a long time warped my ujoints are messed with my driveshaft . I was chasing this rattle for years!

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
The two rubber bushings in the dog bone do what bushings do, dry and crack.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Check your engine and transmission mounts, they can both cause vibrations as well.

Oh yeah, EVERY mount has been switched out. I just ordered an aluminum DS, hopefully it changes my life and my outlook on the sn95 mustang.

tvsn95

Reaction score
I bent or twisted the original 94 DS in my car,replaced with Ford racing and it all went away, I too was seaching for a long time and it just kept getting worse.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
My DS still looked good from the last time it was balanced, that’s why I was reluctant on purchasing something I didn’t need but I guess that how this hobby is. I even removed it and took it to a random shop in hopes to have it balanced. I somehow managed to take it to the same shop that my mechanic took it almost 5yrs ago! The man sprayed it down and went on how he’s been doing the for a million years and doesn’t see anything wrong with the DS and noticed that his handwriting was still clear as day on the part then proceeded to tell me that he doesn’t mind taking my money but the DS is good and he wouldn’t have it ready for 5 days. I just took it back.[emoji38]

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That dude sounds like a dick, and doesn’t know to do his job. If he really was any good, he would have happily checked it just to keep his customers happy.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
That dude sounds like a dick, and doesn’t know to do his job. If he really was any good, he would have happily checked it just to keep his customers happy.

Agreed. He said he would be happy to take my money and I would have given it to him but waiting for so many days is what I had a problem with. Either way, the new DS is in but now im too lazy to switch it out.....or maybe it’s the heat. I’ll go with heat. Damn heat.

tvsn95

Reaction score
In the for what its worth dept, the stock shafts have a second piece rubber bonded inside. I discovered this from a burned car.
My problems went away with a new shaft,,Just saying that may be what we have experienced.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I think my rear axle bearings need to be replaced too (getting a little sound from there too) but I’m trying to gather my parts for a whole rear end rebuild.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online