new exhaust question

white98gt

New Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
just installed a mac o/r h pipe yesterday. great sound, but, the smell. smells rich. i guess the cats held all that in. have all 4 o2's in. oh well. love the sound. any feedback guys? thanks.
 

white98gt

New Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
SilverSol said:
get yourself a catback now and some headers. the smell is unburned gas from the lack of cats. normal.
thanks for the input dude. i'll be honest with ya, the thought of putting headers on the 4.6 really intimidates me. one guy told me the smell will die down. even if it don't, i still have that sound! sorry to bust your bubble, but don't have a way to put a sound clip on here. sorry. thanks again for the input.
 

97blackgt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
0
the smell is never going to die down....but u will get used to it after a while
 

Red96GT

Legend
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
5,374
Reaction score
0
97blackgt said:
the smell is never going to die down....but u will get used to it after a while

To me it's the best smell in the world. :laugh:
 

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Joined
Sep 12, 2006
Messages
33,966
Reaction score
38
Location
Orlando, Florida, United States
white98gt said:
SilverSol said:
get yourself a catback now and some headers. the smell is unburned gas from the lack of cats. normal.
thanks for the input dude. i'll be honest with ya, the thought of putting headers on the 4.6 really intimidates me. one guy told me the smell will die down. even if it don't, i still have that sound! sorry to bust your bubble, but don't have a way to put a sound clip on here. sorry. thanks again for the input.

Your right- putting headers on our 4.6's are nothing less than a pain in the ass!! ;D
 

blackfang

Active Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
462
Reaction score
2
SilverSol said:
white98gt said:
SilverSol said:
get yourself a catback now and some headers. the smell is unburned gas from the lack of cats. normal.
thanks for the input dude. i'll be honest with ya, the thought of putting headers on the 4.6 really intimidates me. one guy told me the smell will die down. even if it don't, i still have that sound! sorry to bust your bubble, but don't have a way to put a sound clip on here. sorry. thanks again for the input.

Your right- putting headers on our 4.6's are nothing less than a pain in the ass!! ;D
Don't remind me. I have had 2 4V's with Longtubes. It still sucks even the second time around.
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
SilverSol said:
white98gt said:
SilverSol said:
get yourself a catback now and some headers. the smell is unburned gas from the lack of cats. normal.
thanks for the input dude. i'll be honest with ya, the thought of putting headers on the 4.6 really intimidates me. one guy told me the smell will die down. even if it don't, i still have that sound! sorry to bust your bubble, but don't have a way to put a sound clip on here. sorry. thanks again for the input.

Your right- putting headers on our 4.6's are nothing less than a pain in the ass!! ;D

that why you install a tubular k-member. ^-^
 

jpajkos

Active Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
When I got my LT's the smell wasn't as bad. When I got tuned it ran and smelled alot better.
 

Whistler98

Active Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
894
Reaction score
8
Location
Southwestern, Pa
I never really minded the smell at all and now I don't even notice it. If you just put them on some of the smell might be coming from the new pipes they always smell at first got to burn off the stuff they are coated with. But as for the normal exhaust smell I don't mind it.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
75,004
Messages
1,454,363
Members
13,631
Latest member
ninman8

Members online

Top